Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pillows!

zac08 is offline Registered User

Pillows!

Hi All - when did you starting giving your toddler a pillow to sleep on and where did you buy it? My son is 2 years old and because of this dreadful weather, he's been very snuffly the past few weeks. I'd love to be able to elevate his head with a pillow but not sure he'd take to it well and not sure if he's too young to be using a pillow... Just wondered what the other moms out there have done, and when. Thanks!!!!

AmyH is offline Registered User
    If you don't want to give him a pillow you can elevate the matress. Just put something underneath it and he will be sleeping on a slant, without the pillow. This works well for my daughter because she was snuffly last week and it helped her to sleep.
    My son was around 2 when we gave him a pillow, it coincided with moving him to his "big boy" bed! I think we bought it in Ikea, no special one or anything, just a normal pillow.

zac08 is offline Registered User
    Thanks, AmyH. We've tried elevating the mattress but it doesn't work with him - he finds it strange and uncomfortable for some reason and doesn't sleep well on it. Is your Ikea pillow from the children's section or a normal adult pillow?

AmyH is offline Registered User
    it's just a normal adult pillow. He has never had any trouble with it. Not sure what the medical experts would say on the subject but I have just googled and there is a website called babyworld and they say that after 12 months is fine. The advice they have given was as follows:

"It does not really matter what type of pillow you use either, as long as your child does not have any allergies, although you might want to have a pillow that can easily be washed"

hope this helps and your little boy can get some sleep!

penelope is offline Registered User
    I gave my son one when he moved to a big bed. It was all part of the new experience at about 30 months!! I bought it in mothercare.

southside852 is offline Registered User
    i gave my son a pillow at 18 months since we were flying home to NYC and I wanted him have the pillow on the airplane. We bought a hypo-allergenic one from Wing On which he still loves today. It's flat enough, hard enough, but also has enough cushion to ressemble a pillow. It's a great size as it fit perfectly into his crib and my son really loved using it. It's easy to wash and has holes for air ventilation.

Now he's in a big bed, and still prefers it over one that we got that's a bit fluffier for him.

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    I think we gave my son a pillow when he was around 18 months, just a normal adult one, and he loves it !

Sazzy is offline Registered User
    I got my daughter a pillow from Ikea. You still want it to be quite flat. I found a kiddies pillow in Ikea.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast