Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Good places to travel with baby?

starbucks2 is offline Registered User

I'd go for Singapore too. It has a bit of everything - culture, nature (love the Night Safari), shopping and great food.

canadienne is offline Registered User

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it! :)

Sleuth is offline Registered User

How about KL? There is a nice Trader's Inn (Shangri-la budget chain) on the park. The park has an immense playground, plus a wading pool with a waterfall. There is a large mall on one end of the park, plus an aquarium also at the park. Could go up into Petronas Towers, also on the park. We spent a long weekend there with a 1 and 3 YO and they had a blast.

monte is offline Registered User

We were never a beach resort type of family, but have found that it's really the easiest, most relaxing vacation with babies here in Asia. And it's possible to find very good prices on Agoda. We have since ventured into some other trips, like to Chiang Mai, which we loved, but there's very little that made our baby happier than splashing in a baby pool and digging in sand. As long as there are some restaurants nearby so you aren't limited to eating in the resort for every meal (which gets so expensive!) it's really a good time. One other tip--we found it was worth it to get a room with a balcony or some other separate space so that after baby was asleep we could still read, watch a movie on our computer, play cards, or whatever.

carey is offline Registered User

We just came back from Singapore with our 10 month old. It was great. We were in Sentaosa world resort for two nights. It's baby friendly and most of the things within walking distance ( restaurants, and attractions) and under cover roof. So we can rush back to the hotel room for his naps and had somewhere to go out even when it rained. ( Although we had lots of luck, NO RAIN WHEN WE WERE THERE).

But I totally agree with monte. We will to to a beach resort and get a room with separate space next time.

carang is offline Registered User

i've never subscribed to the belief that you must be quiet because baby is sleeping. as such, whenever i've travelled with them, it didn't matter if i watched a movie, read my book or talked on the phone... makes life SOOOOOOOOO much easier!

the idea came from my mother, who used to plunk me down beside the piano for my nap while she played away.

canadienne is offline Registered User

Great -- any recommendations for beach resorts? I like the idea of KL but we would also want to find places for mornings or afternoons out -- hopefully some history or culture :)

Sleuth is offline Registered User

For beach resorts,m we liked Rasa Ria in Kota Kinabalu. They have an orangutan reserve on the property, which is intereseting to see.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast