Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Matilda - 4 bedder, 2 bedder or private room?

geomum is offline Registered User

No fixed visiting hours as per my experience.

TheQuasimother is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by snagito View Post
    ... upgrade to a private room if they happened to have one available..
    Snagito... That is a great idea!

Thanks ladies. I'm going to see about organising a tour of the wards and facilities and probably decide on either a 4 bedder or twin unless I have an emergency c-section which I'm pretty certain is a situation whereby I'd want my husband to be around all the time. Otherwise, I'd cope pretty well on my own.

The money I'd save on a 4 bedder will pay for a trip back to home to Europe or Australia! So it's a huge consideration!

happyvalleygirl is offline Registered User

I think they will charge you the higher rate for your entire stay if you upgrade halfway through. I could be wrong but please double check!

AussieMum is offline Registered User

Please also note that the better the room (being less in it or private) the more you also get charged by the Ob/Gyn. It is not just the room costs you need to consider as the extra costs, most other costs increase purely because of the room you have chosen (not sure why - you get the same service from them). I was in a private room which I have to admit, I was very happy with. I just wanted my own privacy, but we were charged much more by my Ob who also visited my friends that were in the shared rooms (on the same days)????

canadienne is offline Registered User

Isn't there also some sort of on-site accommodation that husbands/partners can rent so they can stay in the building with you? Like a mini-hostel, sort of?

Rayraylay likes this.

TheQuasimother is offline Registered User

Thanks Aussiemum.
    Yes... I am aware of the price differences. I've worked it out in the pricing difference. The differences were pretty standard. My OBGYN has given me a standard price list. I've just been spoiled by my first birth experience in Oz and am looking for the same standard of care as when you go home, you're pretty much on your own and I found that those 3 days at the hospital were really important.

Canadienne, there is a hostel that spouses can rent.

sunrays is offline Registered User

I've just returned from Matilda. I was in a 4 bed room and had only one other lady in for two nights and had the room to myself for the other. I would definitely recommend the 4 bed room. Two bed rooms are smaller and from what I have heard are more likely to be full. Plus as mentioned above the price difference is a big consideration. The staff, cleanliness and everything about Matilda is worth every cent. I would be surprised if it did not meet your expectations.I've never heard of anyone complain about Matilda....except about the price!!

pixelelf is offline Registered User

for the 4 bedder, are babies allowed to breastfeed as and when they liked? even in the middle of the night?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast