Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Matilda - 4 bedder, 2 bedder or private room?

geomum is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by pixelelf View Post
    for the 4 bedder, are babies allowed to breastfeed as and when they liked? even in the middle of the night?
    Absolutely, the nurses are super nice and cater to your request- either to have the baby with you or in the nursery, anytime in the night.

pixelelf is offline Registered User
    im relieved. back at home in singapore, they would only accede to such requests if one is in a private room. any sharing of rooms, they will not allow the baby in the room at night.

TheQuasimother is offline Registered User
    Just did the tour today! Was told that in the shared wards - 4 or 2 bedder, visiting hours are 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. and you are allowed to have your baby room with you ALL the time if you wish during your stay regardless of your ward.

The feeling I got today was comforting... the facilities were similar to that of the hospital my first was born in - North Shore Private (in Sydney) but I must say... that single room... is really nice!

My only quip was the Osim massage chair for the dads in the delivery room! I asked if it could be removed (jokingly) given that it seems unfair for me to be in agony and doing all the work while my husband sits on that chair and get a comfortable massage!

happyvalleygirl is offline Registered User
    LOL - that chair might be there, but seriously what man in his right mind would dare sit in it whilst the woman is in labour??

geomum is offline Registered User
    Are you sure the massage chair was for the dads? I thought the massage chair might be for the mums in labour to help them relax :))

pixelelf is offline Registered User
    massage chair's for the husband who passes out! lol!

snagito is offline Registered User
    Massage chair is a new addition I guess - ha ha - my hubby would have loved that! On the 4 bed- yes breastfeeding no problem, any time - the baby definitely can stay with you - they were so lovely and helpful. So, not to distract from the original thread, but it is interesting what husbands do while one in labour..Mine actually kept eating - the Matilda staff came in to the delivery room to ask me what I'd like as my 'package' had apparently started at lunch time - I was like NO WAY NOTHING please as was in quite some pain and couldn't even think about food - hubby happily says Oh I'll have it and polishes off a club sandwich, french fries -and even had blueberry cheesecake for dessert - I couldn't believe it!

TheQuasimother is offline Registered User
    Oooo.... Snagito! My husband would have done the same and with great big smile on his face and ignore the dirty looks I'd be giving him! Gosh... seems like he's in for a treat this time!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast