Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Contract renewal - how?

fennho is offline Registered User

Contract renewal - how?

Has anyone renewed the helper's contract without going thru an agency?

Our helper's contract with us is expiring soon...and IF we decide to renew it, we're reluctant to go thru the same agency we employed her from as we had a very unpleasant experience with them. They're dodgy and tried to con us with some stuffs, not very honest and even marked a hefty sum up the helper's insurance!

Any help is appreciated!

fennho is offline Registered User
    She's an Indonesian, by the way.

fingerscrossed is offline Registered User
    I'm in the process of renewing my Filipino helper's contract and getting an agent to help us. Doing it by yourself takes a lot of time at the consulate and immigration dept. It's costing me $1000 including the bodycheck. However, I have to pay for the OWWA which is $200. If you want the agent's details, send me a PM.

steflee23 is offline Registered User
    i did it with my helper directly with HK immigration. however my helper was very efficient and did most of the research n leg work. i paid HK$160 for the visa, then the OWWA fee of $200. I paid for $600 medical check up and bought her medical insurance from HSBC. The whole process takes anything from 4-6 weeks between application and receiving the visa. it was pretty hassle free n easy. I went along with her for the application (in case they need to verify) but your helper can do all of it herself if she is proficient at speaking and if you are comfortable to submit all the original documents to her (bank statements/income proof/utility statements etc). Also there's a green immigration form you need to fill out for, which you need 3-4 copies of, one for her, one for you, one for the govt. etc. Thats all I can recall, its quite straightforward if you know exactly what to bring n have all the documents.

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    i also did it with my helper directly with HK immigration - they should know all the ins and outs...if not, i am very sure they are willing to find out from friends...i only filled out forms and she went to process all the papers....

rani is offline Administrator
    Its fairly easy to the renewal on your own. However, the Indonesian consulate may not accept direct renewals. Best to call and ask them. If they do, pick up the contracts and info pack from immigration. Complete the 4 green contracts, and take it the consulate to get approved/chopped. This takes a few days. Once you pick it up, take it immigration along with the supporting documents and you get the visa on the spot. However, only the helper and employer can apply. So if your husband is the employer, immigration won't accept the paperwork from you.

baby09 is offline Registered User
    so its possible to do the renewal on your own even if the domestic helper is indonesian??? I know the filipino helper can.

rani is offline Administrator
    Baby09, you need to ask the consulate. Or you could just try. The Consulate is open on Sundays so you can ask your helper to try and submit the paperwork.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com