Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Potty training - help?

geomum is offline Registered User
    My daughter is 25 months old and since past 4-6 months we put her on the toilet seat every morning as soon as she wakes up and she poops 99% of the times. If she doesn't poo in the morning I look out for signs that she needs to go during the day and put her on again at that time. This has made her poo time more regular, earlier she used to poo several times during the day but now only once in the morning or occasionally in the day also. She has a good breakfast too that ways as her tummy is empty. We are now trying to make her pee in the toilet also, which is sometimes successful.
    You could also try books or DVD's on the subject. We got Elmo and it surely made an impact too. Try taking a book along or sing or engage in conversation so that your son's attention is diverted. It takes lots of patience initially. Good Luck.
    Last edited by geomum; 04-14-2010 at 08:33 AM.

geomum is offline Registered User
    Also make a big fuss if he does poo in the toilet, and reward him with a sticker or snack or something. But be VERY consistent, not pressurizing him but trying everyday to make him sit on the toilet seat and encouraging him.

carang is offline Registered User
    i never went in for the "putting the kid on the toilet" as i felt that part of toilet training was for the child to learn the signs that they need to wee/poop...

@dorable is offline Registered User
    Thanks for all the comments...actually it's going well, he will sit on his toilet seat and does a wee each time which I reward with a sticker.. He jus needs to tell me himself when he needs to go! But I make a fuss (positive) of him going to the bathroom which he loves. Fingers crossed!!!

dany is offline Registered User
    Hi all,

My dgtr does the pee-pee well at preschool, but when she is home, she totally forgets about it.Moreover, she still doesn't accept having per poo-poo inthe potty, and prefers to stand, any good solutions, mommies??

Dany

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12