Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mosquito repellent

hkmom1 is offline Registered User

Mosquito repellent

Hi,

My 7 months old went to the park yesterday and came back with 2 mosquito bites. Do you ladies have recommendations on best way to prevent mosquito bites? patches? lotions? is it safe to use on a regular basis?

thanks!

southside852 is offline Registered User

there are patches that are safe for babies/toddlers that you can find as well as spray. we got our spray at bumps to babes. just make sure there's no deet in it.

my son always has spray on him when he's outside since he is definitely prone to mozzy bites. if we are running around for a morning outside in a grass/tree area like the botanical gardens, i often use both patch and spray.

zac08 is offline Registered User

yes the summers here are brutal when it comes to bug bites on little kids... i use both. patches if they are just going to be playing in a yard or outdoors in a relatively 'clean' environment. lotion if they are going somewhere swampy like a park after the rain. i don't think regular use of either is unsafe but someone please correct me if i am wrong.

plumtree is offline Registered User

When we go out for walks to areas where there's lots of trees and where I know there are mossies, I actually also spray 'adult' repellent (without deet) on stuff that's around my children, e.g. I spray on the baby carrier or on my son's clothes, making sure not to get any on them.

Aava.Wong is offline Registered User

you can buy off! spray from watsons, mannings and other pharmacies.

yonge is offline Registered User

We use KAPS Natural Insect Repellent Stick, where the active ingredient is citronella, the same found on the patches, but this is much more cost effective as you use only what you apply and not an entire patch in one go. We apply it directly onto the edge of the collar/sleeve/pant leg on our children's clothes. It's non-toxic and very effective. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be available in Hong Kong. We get our stock from friends visiting from Malaysia, where it's available at their local Watson's and Mannings.

Frenchy is offline Registered User

I bought mine at 360, in the healthy shop area, it's called Azial, After bite-repellent, it's 100% natural. The bottle is silver and small, but the product is very liquid and easy to spread so it last quite long. It works really good and in case you've already been bitten, it helps to soothe the insect bites in a few seconds.

ukwong is offline Registered User

I am using Kaps Mosquito Repellent Stick, this is cream based but not oily, i apply on my children everytime before i bring them out at night, so far i am satisfied with the protection.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast