Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

"Ethnic minority"

soon2bmom is offline Registered User

"Ethnic minority"

I feel like such an ethnic minority in hk. Dont get me wrong, I totally enjoy meeting people from different backgrounds, it's just that once in a while it would be nice to meet someone who is from a similar background. I have seen threads calling for Singaporean, Malaysian, Korean, Japanese..moms on this forum, so I am gonna do it now: any Taiwanese moms here? Or even better, Taiwanese who was born or grew up overseas? When I was in Sydney, LA and Toronto, they were everywhere, how come I haven't bumped into one in this international city?

wenyihsu is offline Registered User
    I'm Taiwanese! I'm actually a little surprised that you haven't met any other Taiwanese moms in HK. You are right, there aren't a ton but I've managed to meet a couple. I have a son (almost 3) and a daughter (2 months old) and we live in Happy Valley. Send me a PM if you'd like to meet up for a playdate or even just coffee.

Sleuth is offline Registered User
    It is sort of funny reading threads looking for "Indians born in southern Taiwan who practice tai chi in the AM but wushu in the PM and must follow a specific religion and be fluent in Indonesian dialects."
    But, strangely enough, you will find them in HK.

PS. Sorry, neither Taiwanese nor a mom. But I was in Taiwan last week and I know a few moms.

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth View Post
    It is sort of funny reading threads looking for "Indians born in southern Taiwan who practice tai chi in the AM but wushu in the PM and must follow a specific religion and be fluent in Indonesian dialects."
    But, strangely enough, you will find them in HK.

PS. Sorry, neither Taiwanese nor a mom. But I was in Taiwan last week and I know a few moms.
    Funny. I'm not Taiwanese either but love Taiwan.

kaikosmom is offline Registered User
    Not Taiwanese either but lived and worked in Taipei City for 3 years. My hubby and I love Taiwan, the night markets and especially the friendly people. Missing Taiwan and all our Taiwanese friends... I have a colleague from Taiwan but his wife and kid are not here with him.

ssheng is offline Registered User
    I think I qualify as what you are looking for - my parents are from Taiwan although I was born and raised in the US. It's funny that after I moved to HK the Taiwanese aspect was much more focused on than the American part. I have a 2 month old as well, just like WenYiHsu. Happy to do a playdate as well with either or both of you - I live in Kowloon Station area. :)

moofyjo is offline Registered User
    I am Taiwanese!!! Born and raise in TW and went to states for school. My girl is 4 month old and I live in Hom Hung. Great if we can have playdates! PM me if you have gathering!