How frequently do you see your OBGYN?
- 04-22-2010, 09:38 AM #9
Usually at public hospital, you only get one scan at week 20. They would however use the doppler to listen to your baby heart beat on each appointment.
When you go to a private doctor, however, usually they would give you a scan each time. The reason is because the doctor charge you for each scan, and also because sometime the mum want to see and make sure that the little one is fine.
- 04-22-2010, 12:11 PM #10
actually, that's not true. they do a scan at 12 weeks in public hospitals, too (at least they used to). the scan at 20 weeks is the thorough scan and can take 40+minutes
- 04-22-2010, 12:31 PM #11
- 04-22-2010, 02:25 PM #12Registered User
- Join Date
- May 2009
- Hong Kong
In my experience, they usually only do a quick scan (like 30 seconds) except for the big scans at 12 and 20 weeks (where they are doing downs testing and detailed organ check)
- By Lisainhk in forum Sleep and your BabyReplies: 3Last Post: 02-05-2010, 05:56 PM
- By mumsy in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 02-08-2009, 02:45 PM
- By Fato in forum PreconceptionReplies: 2Last Post: 02-04-2008, 04:00 PM
- By Har-loi in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 0Last Post: 08-15-2006, 08:28 PM
- By shri in forum EducationReplies: 17Last Post: 03-09-2004, 05:41 PM