Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

How often - papsmear?

shoni is offline Registered User
    In the UK it is every 2 years if it is clear, up to a certain age (can't remember, been away too long) and then annually.

southside852 is offline Registered User
    I get it done annually. Like hbw 10, in the US I got it done very 6 months. It's a necessary evil, but if done properly should be relatively painless - just mostly discomfort. It's pretty fast too.

Everyone women should be getting it annually as it identifies cervical cancer - no brainer, right? even if it is a bit uncomfortable....the pros of it out weigh everything.

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    I try to get one every year but this year I'm behind. The problem is I need to switch OBGYNs at this point. I agree that it is super important and you do need to get it done at least yearly.

Bumps Guest
    Yep - once a year. I never dread it..... I am happy to get it over and done with. Doctors are professionals - so what ever misconceptions you have about the test, let it go. It is just a little uncomfortable for 2 minutes or less..... Seriously - they see so many vaginas - no big deal!

Lisainhk is offline Registered User
    Any recommendations on where to get one done in HK?

Buckeroo is offline Registered User
    Lisainhk - You could actually get it done at one of those Maternal and Child Health clinics... and it's way cheaper than going to a private doctor. Check out this link:

Family Health Service For General Public

evelyne is offline Registered User
    I use the Maternal and Child Health clinic and find them efficient and fine. They recommend every 3 years in HK after you have had 3 normal yearly smears. I would not do more than every 3 years.

banane76 is offline Registered User
    why only every 3 years? i was always told every year by my doctor in Canada. you would want early detection so i think yearly is important.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Scroll to top