Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How often - papsmear?

crystal88 is offline Registered User

How often - papsmear?

I know it should be every year accdg to my OBgyn. But i am SO scared to have it done, another doctor told me every 2 years is okay. How often do you have this test done? Just thinking about it freaks me out. I don't know if i'm the only one dreading this test ;-) My OB says i act like i'm 14 when i am already 40!

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    I go every year. It is one of those unpleasant things you just have to do and it only takes 5 mins. Is it just the thought of it that scares you or do you find it painful? If painful then maybe try another doctor. They are never pleasant but Dr Grace Cheung did my last one (as she is my OB) and it was fine. I dread them as well which does seem silly since I have had two babies so a smear test should be a walk in the park!

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User
    I would suggest every year also. If something is wrong - you want to know as early as possible!

Aava.Wong is offline Registered User
    yes, it should be done every year but i'm a bit lazy.....

hbw10 is offline Registered User
    In the US I was required twice a year, but while living abroad in both the UK and in Asia, I have done it annually.

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    One a year minimum... I was glad I was very regular with my appointments, as some bad cells were found a few years ago, and 3 months later it was already evoluting in a cancer. If I had been waiting one more year, I might not be here to write this. Don't think about it twice, this is no important !!

Gataloca is offline Registered User
    I get it done once a year. It is a little bit uncomfortable, but it only last few seconds.

crystal88 is offline Registered User
    Thanks ladies, i'll do it annually then.

I guess the problem is i have male OB, i know it's not that painful but uncomfortable. Like starbucks, i got 2 kids too and numerous IVF and IUI so it should be okay. I just need to be brave for 5 minutes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Scroll to top