Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tutor time or Anfield english is better?

CYKC is offline Registered User

Talking Tutor time or Anfield english is better?

I would like to apply Nursery for my baby this yr but I don't know TT is better or Anfield is better if my target is ESF. I'm thinking Anfield's ENG maybe better coz they have more Eng, TT is half half.. Any Anfield/TT's students or graduated's prerants here?? I'm sure Anfield's students can speak very good Eng but how about TT? I would like to know which primary school they are usually go.

Pls give me some advise. Really appreciated.
    :woman

southside852 is offline Registered User

Most students from TT on HK Island go to the international school - HKIS, CIS etc...I am not sure about the one in Kowloon. Why don't you do a tour of both and ask the administration? You could most likely get a good sense of its student body and what schools they feed into as the programs are usually pretty honest about it. We chose TT on the southside b/c of it's bilingual program and we would have ideally like to have sent our son to HKIS or CIS.

Jo Bowd is offline Registered User

Check the catchment area for which ESF Primary you'll go into

Check the catchment area for which ESF Primary you're child will go into.

Beacon Hill School still had places left over for it's P1 admission this year, so have started "filling" up it's empty places with kids out of the catchment area from other ESF primary school waiting lists.

I have not had any direct contact with either Kindergarten apart from at their open days. It appeared to me at the time of visiting, that at Anfield they had a significantly higher number of native English speaking teaching staff than Tutor Time. However, Tutor Time do state they are bi-lingual immersion. So I believe their Mandarin is better.

CYKC is offline Registered User

Thank you very much. Is Kowloon Junior closer to Kowloon city? Are the students at TT fluent in speaking English?? I went to sight visit for both school already, Anfield's kids are fluent in Eng but I can't tell TT's kids.

Jo Bowd is offline Registered User

I'm not really sure whether the English language skills at Anfield are any different

I guess what I was trying to say was that I'm not really sure whether the English language skills at Anfield are any different to that of Tutor Time.

Some ESF Primary Schools are heavily over subscribed (Clearwater Bay), by category 1 families, so that makes it tricky for category 2 children. Whilst some ESF Primary Schools are not oversubscribed, (rather like Beacon Hill).

If you want to ensure you child at least gets an interview (but not promised a placement), at an ESF Primary, get them a place at an ESF Kindergarten.

You can telephone or email ESF centre to find out which school you'd currently be in the catchment area for.

hbw10 is offline Registered User

if mandarin is a priority for you then it's no question - tutor time is bilingual. if you feel mandarin is not of use, then go for straight english. our son is enrolled in TT on HK Island and many of his friends are native english speakers. for us, mandarin was a priority.

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User

hbw10 - May I ask how you find TT? Does your son like it? How old is your son and when did he start going to TT? We want our son (who just turned 1) to learn Mandarin and English and we want him eventually to go to an international school, so am considering sending him to TT for playgroup.

hbw10 is offline Registered User

Our son started at around 13 months old - he loved it! We started with just once a week to make sure he liked it and built up from there. It's a good mix of children that predominately feed into the international school systems. The southside one has the largest gym area so that was important to us as boys need space :)

We've been very happy with it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast