Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Strange sleep development

southside852 is offline Registered User
    Yep, Sazzy is right!

Also, for worst case sleeping scenarios :

The Baby Sleep Fairy
    Baby Sleep Fairy - Home

She's amazing - better than Annerly's sleep consultants and most likely cheaper (we did Annerly's too). Our son was having major sleeping issues (basically napping his way through his nightime sleeps) that were not teething related a few months ago and we made a phone appt with the sleep fairy. She's American, based in Singapore and she chanaged my son's sleeping habits in about 4 nights. The first night was the hardest, but once you get through the first two nights -smooth sailing. He now sleeps from 8:30pm - 6:30am straight, with no wake-ups and in his big boy's bed

She's great on the phone - you explain your situation, baby's age, what you've done thus far etc....she assesses and gives you an action plan. What I liked about her is that she really listened to us as parents etc....

Obiwan is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    So, here is the big secret. Around this time is when they want to drop from 2 naps to 1 nap. So either push him a bit longer and get him to take one nap or delay bedtime for 30 mins. Good luck
    Hi Sazzy, Southside 852, would this nap be the early pm nap? Mine takes a short one in the am, and a longer one after lunch in the early afternoon. Thanks.

Sazzy is offline Registered User
    What times?

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User
    Sazzy - for the dropping 2 naps to 1, you mean for a baby who is older than 1 year, right?

southside852 is offline Registered User
    yes, baby starts to drop his/her nap after 1....my son was late and dropped it around 15/16 months.

i think when we first transitioned the naps, we would see how long he could go before he go tired. this usually meant eating lunch at 11am instead of 12/12:30pm and then nap time was around 11:30/noon depending on what he was doing that morning. our son in the early stages would sleep for about 2.5 hours during nap time then bed at 7/7:30pm.

Lisainhk is offline Registered User
    I'd really like to give the sleep fairy a try. Sounds good! Thanks for the link.
    My son is 8 months old (almost). Does he really need to drop to 1 nap? I don't think he can handle it. He has 2 - 3 naps (one for 30 mins, one for an hour and one for 1.5 hours usually). I was kind of following this book called the NAPS plan which follows the babies sleeping patterns so I would put him to bed when I saw his sleepy signals. My friend's baby is 6 weeks older than Baylee and she sleeps 2 x 2hour naps and 12 hours at night so I'm kind of concerned about dropping to 1 nap when he already only sleeps 10 hours at night (not straight through) and has about 3 hours of naps all together.

Sazzy is offline Registered User
    LisainHK - How about dropping to 2 naps? Every mum knows their own baby so its up to you. Or you could try waking him early from his last nap??

Obiwan - what times does your baby currently nap?

Lisainhk is offline Registered User
    Sounds good Sazzy. Thanks for the advice :)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast