Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ergo Sport vs. Baby Bjorn Synergy

KukiMomster is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by lisa88 View Post
    I started out with the Baby Bjorn then switched to Ergo after baby outgrew the Baby Bjorn at 8 months. The Baby Bjorn was great. The best thing was that it was front facing and she loved it. I delayed getting the Ergo only because it was rear-facing. No choice really, by the time she hit 9 kg she had obviously outgrown the BB and I got the Ergo. Ergo is great as well, only thing is when baby is rear-facing she twists around to try to see where we are heading. I put her in the back sometimes but she is always trying to peep over my shoulder, plus I can't really see what she is doing. Anyway the Ergo serves its purpose, last weekend I took her walking around Shing Mun reservoir in the Ergo, must have been 6km at least and 3 hours!! Still have not got a proper backpack-frame type of carrier!

If you are interested I have the second hand BB Synergy for sale, used for less than 6 months. (Before that I had the Baby Bjorn Active). PM me for details.

We used the public transport most of the time so the baby carrier got more use than the stroller.
    awww, well then that is a drawback... really depends on the baby tho, huh? my son, on the other hand, always faced towards me when i used my BB active, i tried facing him front every now and then, but he would turn around to check if i was still behind him! :D

i am a little skeptical on carrying my baby on my back and i most probably wont... at least not as often i assume. like u mentioned, i wouldnt really know whats happening back there, whether or not the baby's alright. im pretty content on "imagining" carrying baby in the front position facing me, which im used to. but who knows! maybe this baby im carrying will one day prefer facing front, now thatd be a different story! :D

i just might go with a 2nd hand synergy to use for the first couple of months, how is it compared to the active... aside from the obvious cooler fabric?

helsbels is offline Registered User

Baby bjorn

Hi!

I am just looking online for baby carriers and saw you have a bb for sale! How much could you sell it for? I was planning to get an ergo but not sure if that is suitable for newborn :)

Helen

Quote Originally Posted by lisa88 View Post
    I started out with the Baby Bjorn then switched to Ergo after baby outgrew the Baby Bjorn at 8 months. The Baby Bjorn was great. The best thing was that it was front facing and she loved it. I delayed getting the Ergo only because it was rear-facing. No choice really, by the time she hit 9 kg she had obviously outgrown the BB and I got the Ergo. Ergo is great as well, only thing is when baby is rear-facing she twists around to try to see where we are heading. I put her in the back sometimes but she is always trying to peep over my shoulder, plus I can't really see what she is doing. Anyway the Ergo serves its purpose, last weekend I took her walking around Shing Mun reservoir in the Ergo, must have been 6km at least and 3 hours!! Still have not got a proper backpack-frame type of carrier!

If you are interested I have the second hand BB Synergy for sale, used for less than 6 months. (Before that I had the Baby Bjorn Active). PM me for details.

We used the public transport most of the time so the baby carrier got more use than the stroller.

lisa88 is offline Registered User

Helen, sent you a PM, pls check

TNT
    TNT is offline Banned

Just to add to PP, my experience was identical. Used the BB for my daughter (with back support) up until she was about 10 months old but by then it killed my back. Used it again with my son from newborn, he is/was a big baby and so by 6 months was really too heavy so bought the Ergo. It is a life saver in HK where it is often really difficult to use a stroller, especially when taking my daughter to pre school as it is steps all the way. I can carry my 10kg 10 month old son easily in the Ergo. It can get a bit hot (I have the original canvas one not the Sport) but doesn't seem to bother him that much - if it is OK for me to walk around in, it is OK for him to be carried in the Ergo!!
    My husband doesn't like the fact that there is no facing forward option and so he mainly uses the Ergo as a back pack and finds it very comfortable - much more than the proper backpak carrier we had for our daughter when she got older as that was so heavy, even without her in it! My son sleeps happily in the Ergo too, in all of the positions and it is great for public transport.

first_time is offline Registered User

BB Synergy and bib for sale

I have a BB Synergy (black) and 2 white bibs (which fit nicely on the carrier) for sale.

We live in the country side so end up using pram all the time

Asking HKD1200. SMS or call 92815665

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12