Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Which brand of formula milk and bottles is your choice?

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User
    My son is 1 and I asked my pediatrician and she said I didn't need to change to Nanha 3....not sure why. We're going back to her for vaccinations in May. will ask her then about changing again.

Obiwan is offline Registered User
    Asked my pediatrician about Stage 2 formula as well. He said there is no need to change. Stage 2 formula is basically less refined milk that a younger infant won't be able to digest ... hence cheaper. I.e. we can continue with Stage 1.

And to answer an earlier question, Enfamil is Mead Johnson. These are hugely popular esp with the Mainland Chinese. It's always out of stock and each purchase is limited to 2 cans only.

rani is online now Administrator
    We used Enfamil as well.
    Teresa102 likes this.

hunhun_l is offline Registered User
    My daughter complained about tummy pain, my ped said it's because JP formula is too sweet (it doesn't taste too sweet to me though), thus hard to digest. Other than that, all the formula are more or less the same, I am trying to find one a bit less sweet for her.

I used Dr Browns bottle.

CatMa8 is offline Registered User
    My son is just about 7-months old and I had the same dilemma of choosing the right formula. Its costly but I basically went out to purchase all the Japanese formula in "travel packs" in stead of the whole can to try for myself.

My conclusion is that some of them are quite sweet and others taste like soy milk, but the one I found best is "Snow Brand" Pure & Touch (Yellow can for 0-9months). To us, it's definately the worst tasting & not sweet but for babies, it might be the closest to breast milk.

I know for a fact that the HK Sanatorium & Hospital in Happy Valley uses "Snow Brand" formula as well but you have to request it. I know that this one definatly has legit distribution channels to HK and the product should not be fake if you purchase it at the big chain grocery stores or Mannings or Watsons.

If you want to check it out follow the links:
    Pure and Touch - Hong Kong Snow Brand Co. Ltd.
    Snow Brand Hong Kong Co. Ltd.

Hope this helps! =)

southside852 is offline Registered User
    From 7 - 12 months, we used Cow & Gate's Pepti Junior as HK did not carry our hypoallergenic formula. My son was fine with Pepti Junior and we bought it Guardian in the Prince's Blding or had it delivered from Cow & Gate's dsitributor here in HK.

Once my son turned 1, we fed him regular cows milk. Actually wondering why you would continue with formula, if it's recommended to give cow's milk after12 months.

We fed him PURA whole milk. Initially, I mixed it half formula, half milk just in case he didn't like it and then one day I just gave all milk - he loved it. By 22 months, we took all his bottles and put them in a bag and stored them away so he couldn't see them and only gave him a choice of cups with straws. He never asked for it again.

Gataloca is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by CatMa8 View Post
    My conclusion is that some of them are quite sweet and others taste like soy milk, but the one I found best is "Snow Brand" Pure & Touch (Yellow can for 0-9months). To us, it's definately the worst tasting & not sweet but for babies, it might be the closest to breast milk.
    Actually, I've heard that breast milk is quite sweet...

Fisona is offline Registered User
    At first, I fed my baby with Wyeth S26. I found that it was quite sticky & oily when I was the milk bottle. During the first 2 months, my son "poo poo" once only for every 2-3 days and his "poo poo" is dark green in colour.

Last month, I have changed to feed him with Wakado (a Japanese formula, available at Apita & Sa Sa). Ever since then, he's got "poo poo" everyday and with a yellowish colour.

My ped says sometimes Wyeth S26 is hard to digest for some babies. And this formula is usually for baby who needs extra nutrition for special reason.

Not sure if this is true but the above is my personal experience.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast