Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Which brand of formula milk and bottles is your choice?

Lisabear is offline Registered User

Which brand of formula milk and bottles is your choice?

Hi ladies,

Is anybody else considering the same as me ?
    Will move to HK on May and my EDD is on July. I used Japanese formula for my first one,but I heard most of Japanese formula milk sold in HK is fake.
    Also not unsure how to choose the brand of milk bottles and want to be organised so that I am not making these decisions after giving birth.

Can anyone give me some advise?

Thanks!

City Jammer is offline Registered User
    I'm not sure where you heard that, unless you are talking about the Mainland. Lots of parents in HK use Japanese formulas with their babies and toddlers. The only places you should avoid purchasing the milk powders from are places like the Bonjour shops and all the local Chinese pharmacies. My daughter is on Meiji milk and I buy it from Re-On.

RE-ON :: ??????????????????????

All major supermarkets carry many of the Japanese brands too and they are perfectly safe.

I lived in Japan for 3.5years and I know Japanese always remain the best for themselves. As I know there is no formal agency for Meiji milk in HK and I'm wondering where and how do these Meiji milk come from?

meilengyong is offline Registered User
    I got a bit concern too when I saw Meiji cans being piled up for offer at the entrance to a chinese medicine hall somewhere in causeway bay. Shouldn't these baby products be kept at least behind the counters to ensure that it is not being affected by the weather (rain or shine)?

Anyway, for the 2 months I have been here, I have seen quite a number of decent baby shops around. So just stick to reputable shops when purchasing baby items. There will always be crook shops around, in any country :-(

pnut is offline Registered User
    My mother-in-law worked as a midwife for years and has set us up with Cow and Gate from the UK (the gold can which is sold at Wellcome, Mannings, etc) and we're using playtex bottles.

Japanese quality has sadly gone down with the recession... The British are too stubborn to let their quality go down.

val23 is offline Registered User
    Bottles: I used the glass ones from Evenflo. Milk: Enfamil Lipil. All from the US.

Thank you all.
    Pnut, is theCow and Gate same with Nutrilon?
    Does anyone use Avent or NUK?

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    i would say any brand is good as long as you buy from a reputable place like Watsons/Mannings/park n shop/wellcome...my friend got me a can from a pharmacy but by the time I openned it (which wasn't immediately, maybe a few months later - since I got lots of formula for baby gifts instead of milk (upon my request)...it was overdue! you could tell right away because the powder was sticking to each other....i'm sure her intention was not to get me something overdue...but after that I made it a point to check the due date on ALL the formula and I found that the ones at the places I mentioned above all had due dates that that were a year away.

also, i think it really depends on how your child takes it - constipation, etc. wise...sometimes you might just have to try around - but overall i think the quality in Hong Kong is good and safe.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast