Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Pre-natal yoga

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User

I did it on my own at home and with a DVD. I found it helpful to make the time to do the stretching exercises, particularly in the legs and around the pelvis to prepare for natural childbirth. Too bad I ended up having a C-section though...:)

chenschmitt is offline Registered User

Since I'm not very athletic, I don't enjoy prenatal yoga so much. I prefer swimming. I'm now doing a prenatal music class with a few of my friends- i'm loving it! There is movement, but i can handle that, and we also do breathing and singing exercise together. I feel more connected with my baby. The course only last for a few weeks long coz my friends will be leaving in July. I wonder if any of you would be interested in forming a group? (the teacher recommends 4-6 in a class) I'm on the south side.

lisa88 is offline Registered User

A lot will depend on your instructor. Early in my pregnancy I had a fantastic yoga teacher who was great at 'body work' so I got a lot of stretching and relaxation. Unfortunately she had to quit teaching. Late in my pregnancy I went to Pure Yoga. The instructor was very into breathing, which I didn't have a lot of patience for. She did teach us some positions which were good for relieving lower back ache, improving circulation and dealing with swelling feet. I did get a bit bored with all the breathing though and wanted my previous teach back! Overall, if the yoga teacher is qualified to teach pregnant mums, yoga is a good thing to do, for stretching and suppleness esp when you have a big tummy and balance is a bit off. I swam a lot too, almost daily towards the end of my pregnancy, and this was really the best thing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12