Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Natural remedies to fatigue

hkmom1 is offline Registered User
    I was super tired and it turned out it was because I was anemic. The doctor started me on iron supplements and that helped a lot.

aussie mum is offline Registered User
    I'm wondering if I'm anemic or something. I'm 33 weeks pregnant and constantly exhausted. But then again I have two small children and am the size of a whale! So maybe it's normal. Doesn't feel it tho so the dr has done blood tests this week to check everything out.

pixelelf is offline Registered User
    in my first pregnancy, i drank a cup of fruit smoothie every morning, to replace regular coffee i was used to. that helped to keep the energy up. but things got strange and just into 2nd trimester, i passed out at work. got to the doc, and diagnosed i was anemic. :( good thing was, after i took iron pills from doc, the fatigue was well managed. so do see a doc.

now that im in my 2nd pregnancy and running after a toddler with no helper, i try to keep up with vit c rich juices as well as eat food packed with iron. i am tired but it definitely was not fatigue like the first time round.

aussie mum is offline Registered User
    Dr just called and it turns out I AM low in iron! Hopefully the supplements help my energy levels. Not just normal pregnancy fatigue afterall.

TheQuasimother is offline Registered User
    I don't take iron supplements as it makes me throw up quite a bit. So I eat a good sliver of beef once a week or a good steak and it helps. And, I slot in lamb into my diet as well as an alternative red meat. On alternative days when I'm not eating red meat, I do eat lots of vegetables which are supposed to be high in iron content.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12