Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Natural remedies to fatigue

Liquorice is offline Registered User

Natural remedies to fatigue

Hi, in the first trimester and suffering very badly from tiredness. I lose most of my afternoon productivity at work because I'm struggling to keep my eyes open from about 1pm to 5pm, and I'm starting to fall behind on my deadlines. Does anybody have any tips on how to overcome this?

Sazzy is offline Registered User
    Can you take a nap at work at lunchtime?? If not, I found that going for lots of quick walks - either to the coffee machine, snack box, shredder etc etc worked for me. It just gives you a break from looking at the monitor all day.

karmah1 is offline Registered User
    Sydney, Australia (but would like to return to HK)
    I had the same problem, even getting up in the morning for a shower was exhausting. I was napping at work and having to leave early. I went to my GP who in the end diagnosed a low functioning thryroid. She put me on medication called thyroxine and I was nearly back to normal!

You do get tired from being pregnant but it could also mean something else. I would go to your GP and ask for a thyroid test. My GP was Lauren Bramley and she was fantastic.

Doctor Lauren Bramley & Partners || Family Practice

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    I used to take extra vitamin C morning and lunch time... but if everything else appears to be allright, you just have to wait the second trimester to get back a little bit of energy...

Liquorice is offline Registered User
    Thank you for your suggestions - so tired of being tired!

Don't think it is anything more than pregnancy tiredness Karmah1 as it is only really in the afternoons - thought lasts for hours. Might chat to my GP anyway to see if there's anything they recommend.

Napping not easy in my office unfortunately. But getting up and down might help.

Frenchy, do you think Berocca is okay to take when pregnant? On top of daily prenatal vitamins?

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    Well, I'm not a doctor, maybe you could confirm with your GP. Berocca is also a mix of vitamins, but contains a lot of sodium...
    I used to take Vitamin C on top of my prenatal ones, and folic acid too, but separately.

TheQuasimother is offline Registered User
    I got the re-energize tea (Twinnings) from B2B - all natural no caffeine. It helped. Or have an apple - supposed to have the same effect as coffee!

coolgirl is offline Registered User
    Sometimes you have to go with what your body says..I took the afternoon off just to nap!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast