Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

When should I stop??

pixelelf is offline Registered User
    thanks Gataloca. i totally understand where he's coming from. yea my dad is flying in on monday morning and husband has taken leave tomorrow. i should be fine. im just upset but know that i should rest.

the bleeding has stopped. actually i wanna ask you ladies, do you feel your body tingling or having small spasms? i do have that especially when im lying down. is that normal?
    Last edited by pixelelf; 04-29-2010 at 04:50 PM. Reason: left out monday

pixelelf is offline Registered User
    thanks frenchy :)

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    I am having a bit more hip pain this time, the joint between my pelvis and the bottom of my spine, whatever that joint is called. I think it's because I carry my daughter soooo much on that one hip. I think that an Ergo would be uncomfy with the tummy though - unless you wore it on your back. I also lift stuff over my head all the time too - I always thought that was just an old wives tale kind of thing. I personally don't believe there's any truth in it...

I was going to get an amniocentesis earlier in the pregnancy (I ended up not getting one though) and I did get my Mum to come out so that she could watch my daughter for those few days afterwards. I do know that there are some situations in pregnancy when you SHOULDN'T be lifting a toddler - after an amnio for example, or if you're having preterm contractions or bleeding, etc... but I think we do what we can do. I don't have a helper yet either (although we're getting one in the next few weeks) so I've just gotta make do :)

Pixelelf - I don't know exactly what you mean about body tingling/spasms, but I did have a bit of cramping/stretching pains in the first trimester. A bit of that kind of thing is normal as your uterus is stretching a LOT and it's not used to that...

carang is offline Registered User
    i suffered terrible hip pain and was wheelchair bound. in many ways it was awful, but one of the good things was that i just said, "sorry, hunny, mummy is 'tong tong' (in pain)" and left it at that. my son was exactly 2 when my daughter was born and he was fine with mummy not carrying him. as it turns out, he was fully capable of keeping up with us 99% of hte time and we rarely used a stroller after that.

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    i'm 33 weeks now and i am still carrying around my 24lbs baby who's 20mths....up till now I'm just listening to my body....i have found that i'm not "fit" to carry for her long stretches of time and putting her into bed is straining to my lower back - so I don't any of that anymore! other things like carrying her, crawling and playing with her I still do! :)

geomum is offline Registered User
    I would advise start getting her used to not being carried and instead walking or being in stroller for longer distances. It takes time so do it now, slowly. Because when the new baby comes she wont feel all of a sudden "mommy has stopped carrying me because she is carrying the new baby" which can lead to jealousy and tears. Also there is added pressure on your back due to growing belly so carry her when you are 8 or 9 months pregnant would be putting extra weight.

BabyG is offline Registered User
    I also read that if your toddler asks you to carry them, not to blame it on your tummy, or the baby so that they don't take it against their new sibling to be. Simply say that your back hurts or something like that.

I have a low-lying placenta and the Dr. advised me not to carry my 20 month old and it has been very hard saying no to him but I still pick him up once in a while though.

geomum is offline Registered User
    I used to tell my daughter that she is a big girl now and she should walk on her own, still tell her that and she gets it completely.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast