Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Is this a normal doc practice?

City Jammer is offline Registered User

I've had similar experiences with two private gynecologists. They became very abrupt and practically dismissed me out of their clinics the moment they found out that I was delivering in a public hospital. I'm currently seeing Dr. Poddar at the OT&P clinic in Central. He used to work in a public hospital and knows the system well. Dr. Poddar has been professional and caring everytime I see him.

As for Dr. Ho, I've had bad experiences with him when I was trying to conceive and would never recommend him to any of my friends.

elaine is offline Registered User

I'm also seeing Dr Hon and he is fantastic!!! He knows I'll be delivering at QMH and he has no problems with that. He is never rushed and he takes time to explain the scans etc. Very professional!

During my first pregnancy, I went to Dr Amelia Wong and she told me to stop going to her the minute she found out I was going public... I think she has too many patients and does not want me to ermm "waste" her time.

Lisainhk is offline Registered User

I saw Dr Anna Liu in Central and told her straight up that I would be going back to Aus to have the baby. She was great. (Apart from telling me 4 times during ultrasounds that I was having a girl when actually it was a boy hehe). Hmmm maybe not then!

lottieclee is offline Registered User

This is not normal practice in Hong Kong. I guess many expats see doctors in Central. Some doctors outside of central are very experienced too, nicer, less crowded and have more time for patient care.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12