Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Mosquito repellant during pregnancy

geocup Guest

Mosquito repellant during pregnancy

I have been getting bitten really badly lately...... Just wondering what are safe repellants to use during pregnancy? I am currently using a citronella based one but it is not recommended for use during pregnancy (not preg. yet - planning very soon). What are you using?

BabyG is offline Registered User
    I am not sure which ones are deemed safe or unsafe but you could try those small electronic devices that emit a frequency which repels mosquitoes. There are also bands or pins that keep them away. If you have an iphone, there is even a mosquito repellant app.

southside852 is offline Registered User
    my ob/gyn said anything safe for children is safe for you when you are pregnant as i am often prone to mozzy bites.

geocup Guest
    Thanks so much for replying... I went to B2B today for an electronic device - but they are sold out - where else would sell them? An iphone app - omg.... i don't know what to think of that :)

TheQuasimother is offline Registered User
    Unfortunately, mozzies love me. When the mozzie months are here, I am forced to switch my soap and body butter to Satsuma from Body Shop. I eat lots of citrus fruits too - Lemons, Oranges and Grapefruit. Also include lemongrass in my diet and fragrance! Has helped curb the problem so far these last couple of years.

hbw10 is offline Registered User
    i was told the same thing by my ob/gyn. anything for children is safe for pregnant women so definitely no deet if it's a spray and i also use the patches that are safe for infants on my clothing.

tstmum is offline Registered User
    I also had this question while pregnant. I was told to avoid anything with DEET, so just used the spray I bought for the kids at bumps to babes.