Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sleep Training (CIO) Feedback

Obiwan is offline Registered User

Sleep Training (CIO) Feedback

Thank you Southside852 for recommending the sleep fairy to us!

We started our baby (8 months) on the Extinction method 5 days ago, here's the feedback so far.

The key was to manage
    1. Time we would ideally like the baby to wake up, and work backwards to get the time we will have to put her to bed
    2. Time between the last nap and the sleeping time
    3. Sleep routine
    4. CIO methods

The sleep routine has worked like magic for the past 5 nights. Took 30 minutes in total, and she goes to sleep without tear, 100% success rate.

On Day 1, she woke up in the middle of the night, cried for 20 minutes, upon which we offered some milk, and after that she cried for another 17 minutes and went to sleep.

On Day 2, she woke up middle of the night, cried for 7 minutes, and slept through the night.

On Day 3, she slept through the night.

On Day 4, she woke up middle of the night cried for 1 minute, and slept through the night.

On Day 5, she woke up middle of the night, cried for 2 minutes and slept through the night.

During the crying, except for Day 1, we did not enter the room. So far other than intense crying on the first night, she still wakes up and whimpers in the middle of the night, some times crying a little, but has been able to put herself back to sleep pretty quickly.

Tonight is Day 6. Fingers crossed, at the end of 14 days, I will feel more comfortable to say that we have finally got the problem solved :milestone
    Last edited by Obiwan; 05-03-2010 at 10:10 AM.

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User
    Hi Obiwan - so you used the sleep fairy and she taught you this method? I think I need to get some professional sleep help for my 13 month old. I'm just not sure if I should do it now or after my 2 week trip to Europe at the end of the month. I kind of figure his sleep routine will get messed up when we are in Europe so why train him now and then again when he gets back.....

how did you get in touch with the sleep fairy if you did use her?

Lisainhk is offline Registered User
    Thanks so much for sharing that Obiwan! I am currently using those same methods for my 8 month old (just through general research). I'm really glad you found something that works! Just curious about number 2 - what time do you put her to bed now and when is the time for her last wake up from nap before bed?

We had done similar before, from reading and what we have heard others do, but nothing really worked out until we spoke with the sleep fairy southside852 recommended. She basically listened to what we have done, and made changes and tweaks.

For eg, we adjusted our sleep time, we allowed our girl to sleep in the evening (previously no nap after 4pm), we had a timing for CIO etc.

She now goes to bed at about 9.30pm, depending on what time she has her last nap.

hbw10 is offline Registered User
    I am thrilled it's worked out for you too! We used her as well. Tammy is great! :)

southside852 is offline Registered User
    great to hear that things are going well! Tammy (the sleep fairy) is wonderful and am I am glad she's helped you and your family get your sleep back!!! :)

5 days so far ladies, and it's not perfect yet!! :)

But things have definitely improved, so i'm immensely grateful!

Ideally, I would like her to wake up later, and sleep earlier haha.

Now she sleeps from 9.00/9.30 to 6am on her own without us needing to tend to her at night, so I have nothing to complain about :) Hooray!!

Keep it up my little girl!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast