Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

maternity pads

prone_to_wander is offline Registered User

maternity pads

Hey everyone,

Can anyone explain to me the difference between a maternity pad and a normal pad? Must I have maternity pads? Can I just use normal ones?

My main problem is that I have VERY sensitive skin and normal pads bought at the store cause an allergic reaction. I need ones that are chlorine-free with very little plastic. All of the ones I have seen have been Chinese brands that I frankly don't think will work for me. I have no idea what is in them.

AND...how many do I need? I was at Eugene and the boxes where HUGE!

Thanks Ladies

Sazzy is offline Registered User
    I've sent you a PM.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    Maternity pads are just like maxi pads. To be honest, I think that the night time pads are good enough. After the baby's born, it's like a VERY heavy period for the first few days to a week, then it slows down for another couple of weeks (up to 3-4 weeks or so in total, if I remember rightly)... It's pretty much just like the heaviest period of your life. So that's why maternity pads are so big.

I used maternity pads at first, then I switched to the goodnights because I figured it was exactly the same thing, I found they were big enough to cope with the flow, then after it got a bit lighter I just used regular day pads until it finished.

I do think that the disposable undies are great though, because otherwise your regular underwear will likely become stained and possibly even ruined. I found the disposable undies pretty comfy personally, although some people hate them ;) I just used them for the first week or so as well...

RSK
    RSK is offline Registered User
    You can try maternity pads from mothercare. I used them for abt 25-30 days after delivery and they were very soft and comfortable.

rani is offline Administrator
    I only used the maternity pads in the hospital. After that got super maxi pads in all different sizes, lengths etc. I shocked the sales lady at Mannings, cos I bought 10 packets the first time, and had to explain I'd had a baby. And then the sweet lady, gave me all the freebie pads she had behind the counter.

Aava.Wong is offline Registered User
    i bled a lot after having a normal delivery so even the long and thick maternity pads were no good - i wouldn't have done well with the normal night pads at that time. thank god to disposable panties and disposable bed sheets!!

i used two packs of the maternity pads within 2 nights and after i went home on the third day, i was ok with the normal night pads.

southside852 is offline Registered User
    i just used maxi pads...it was half the price of the "maternity pads" and it does exactly the same thing - absorb.

hobbes is offline Registered User
    I have bought a pack of 48 maternity towels from Mothercare and a pack of 12 slim maternity pads with wings. I understand Matilda provides during stay and a few for take home as well. With the 60 I have I intend to manage first few days then see whether I want to switch to my normal brand. I found disposable panties I really liked at Sogo for HK$60 - more expensive then Mannings but proper cotton granny pants designed not to irritate stomach, scar, etc. I bought 5 packs of 5 ie 25 of those.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast