Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

A general moan

Princess101 is offline Registered User
    Does the calpol not have any effect, I end up giving my son calpol quite often and it seems to help a little. In the UK there is also something called Medised which can be used for teething/fever. It has some antihistamine in it too (not suitable for every child, it makes my son slightly hyperactive!!). But it might be worth talking to a doctor about pain relief??

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    I'm also finding that the 2nd pregnancy is so much more demanding than the first - just because the entire daytime is spent focused on the first child, there's no time for me to look after myself. My back is killing, we just moved house, our helper won't be here til the end of the month, trying to get our first daughter into a big girl bed requires soooo much effort... we've been having to watch her and keep putting her back into bed. It's pretty intense - although I know from experience that as tough as pregnancy can seem, it's only gonna be harder once the bub is born!!! I can definitely relate to you though, even though my girl is sleeping better than yours!!

Do you have a helper? And does your hubby help out much? I know for me, I try to do most of the night stuff because hubby's gotta work the next day - but he helps me out so much in the couple of hours when he gets home and then getting her ready for bed... I don't want my helper to do the "night shift" with my daughter - but once she gets here I definitely will be trying to get her to help watch her so I can get some "me" time!!

Sazzy is offline Registered User
    Gave Calpol twice last night and nothing :(

Hubby tried to help but she just screams even more and says "No more, Daddy - I want Mummy".

So daddy option + no helper option either and the worst thing is that I work too.

nicolejoy - i hear what you are saying - I would love some "me" time too

TheQuasimother is offline Registered User
    Sazzy

We used Bonjela... I'm unsure if it's an Asian thing or an Australian thing. But I remember that it was the only way he'd calm down when the molars were out and some Nurofen to knock the bugger out.

It may sound horrid but I was working and I'm totally against having the helper take care of the bub at night (even as a working mum) so I turned to drugs!

And, I keep some parts of some Sundays as me time.

Take care! I hope it eases up!
    “If you want to get to the castle, you’ve got to swim the moat.” Richard Jenkins in Eat Pray Love

Sazzy is offline Registered User
    QM - used Calpol and Bonjela last night - my daughter is a nightmare, once she is awake - thats it

TheQuasimother is offline Registered User
    Impossible! She looked like the perfect angel yesterday
    The weekend is near!
    “If you want to get to the castle, you’ve got to swim the moat.” Richard Jenkins in Eat Pray Love

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123