Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Pilates Studio / Instructor

wenyihsu is offline Registered User

Pilates Studio / Instructor

Does anyone have a good pilates instructor that they can recommend? I gave birth almost 3 months ago and about ready to get back into the workout routine. I'd like to take some one on one pilates classes as I did pilates years ago and really enjoyed it. Ideally I'd take do 1 private class on the machine and supplement it with 2 mat classes per week. There seems to be quite a number of studios in HK now just not sure where to start so any comments or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

jenxp is offline Registered User

Recommended Pilates classes

Hi there, I do have friends are having post-natal pilates classes in central. May I have your email address for sending u details?

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    I have two suggestions:

First, is Pilates Plus. If you want the contact info. for this instructor, please PM me and I'll pass along her e mail address. I got started with this instructor. She is a mother of two so she definitely knows about postpartum pilates. However, she just recently gave birth to her second so I'm not sure if she's back to instructing yet.

Second, is In-Motion Pilates. I have been doing prenatal pilates there since October and LOVE it. I love the instructors. I love the studio and I love the classes. It's such a welcoming place and they definitely can tailor a plan to fit your needs. They also offer different yoga classes and one of the primary yoga teachers is actually five months pregnant (she looks AMAZING, by the way, and is the sweetest, most encouraging person you could meet) Also, the rates, I found were affordable. It's a smaller studio so you won't be stuck in a huge class where you don't get any extra attention or help. I think the maximum size class for yoga might be 8 or 10 people and for pilates it's probably no more than 6. Here is their website. You can e mail the owner, Yvonne at: [email protected] Their studio is very near the Austin MTR station in Tsim Sha Tsui and I found it quite convenient to get to--even from the New Territories. I can't say enough good things about this studio.

All the best to you as you build up your body and health!
    “Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK