Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

clarification on private and public hospital

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    dr lam yung hang is also very good - great scans and very professional. he delivers private at the Sanatorium, matilda...costs about $1500 consultation and scan. his number is 2877 3280..no answering machine so you might have to ring for a while before a nurse picks up - they are extremely busy.

NewBabyLA is offline Registered User
    Thank you everyone - seems the cost is already piling up and I havent even seen anyone yet.

Has anyone just visited Dr Doo/Chan occassionally combined with public visit? Or do you visit several docs to balance the cost?

Thanks again

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    Dr Chan is great for if you want to deliver in the public hospital, and he's one of the cheaper "expat" doctors as well. I found him wonderful and would totally recommend him.

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    You need to decide first if you are going to deliver public or private. If public then only some private obs will take a patient who intends to deliver in the public system (Patrick Chan is one that does, plenty of others don't). I have friends who saw a private obs throughout their pregnancy (to avoid the LONG waits at the public hospital) and then delivered at QMH. Some did a combination to keep the costs down and only saw the private obs for the important scans at 12 weeks and 20 weeks.

If you are going for a private hospital delivery then, as above, you need to book very early (at 9 weeks) and your doctor will tell you which hospitals they can deliver in.

If you have full insurance then I would totally go for Matilda and then you can choose almost any of the obs.

NewBabyLA is offline Registered User
    Anyone know how much Dr Doo charges for delivering at Adventist?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12