Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

playareas for toddlers

baguette is offline Registered User

playareas for toddlers

We will soon be in HK with our 2 years old daughter.
    Where we live now we have a nice weather for at least 7 months a year and my girl is used to play outside, climb, jump, ride scooters and bikes.
    For what I remember about HK, the weather is not so nice and the kids don't have many chances to play outside.

So...?
    Where do you usually bring your kids to play?
    Are there valid playgroups for toddlers?
    Areas with slides and slings?

Thanks for your help.

gerlie is offline Registered User
    We live in Tung Chung,half an hour train from Hongkong. And the place where we live have a clubhouse,lot's of facilities for kids like indoor swimming pool,playground etc. If it's a nice sunny day there is lots of parks around the area with slides and swings and a lot more.It's depends where you live i think...

Aava.Wong is offline Registered User
    i agree with gerlie! if you'll be living in one of those nice apartments then there is bound to be a clubhouse with gym/pool/indoor and outdoor playgrounds.

i've found that there is atleast one park around the location that you live in. i live in kennedy town and i can count upto 3 parks for my bub to play when the weather is nice and sunny otherwise there is playtown and the playroom of the local library which are both indoors.

Sazzy is offline Registered User
    Hi - do you know where you are living?

southside852 is offline Registered User
    If you chose to live on the southside of HK island, many of the major condos have clubhouses, pools and playgrounds for the kids. There's also the beaches - Repulse Bay has a few playgrounds along the waterfront, Stanley has a playground near the bus terminal and has a fantastic indoor playroom in their relatively new recreational center right near the market. Stanley waterfront is great over the weekends when they shut down the roads and your kids can run around freely.

Further down, there's Tai Tam Reservoir, Shek-O beach and Big Wave Bay has a playground too.

You'll also find that in the larger condos, there's usually a resident board where you can post classifieds etc.... I posted an ad about wanting to form a playgroup and had a great response which is a benefit of moving into a larger condo - it means more families. We formed a playgroup with 4 other mothers/babies which were about 1 - 6 months difference in age. We met wkly at each of our flats and they became my very good friends in HK. There are more structured ones, but you'll usually have to pay, travel etc...

Sleuth is offline Registered User
    The weather is not nice in HK? There are maybe 4 months of really hot, but that can't be a big issue if you are coming out of Dubai. And maybe 2 or 3 months of what passes for "really cold", which might be a big issue coming out of Dubai. Should be able to squeeze out at least 6 months of "nice".
    There are a ton of playgrounds scattered across HK. From what I have seen, they all have slides, but swings are a rarity.
    And we also formed informal playgroups with other families in our extended area; not sure why so many people want to pay for that.

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    Definitely depends where you choose to live. We were in Midlevels and moved to Discovery Bay for this exact reason. It was getting too hard to entertain our toddler without lots of travel or walking (which is no good in the rain or heat). On the Island there are lots of paid playgroups and Playtown in Belchers area is great. Also we used to go to Cyberport a lot to run around on the top floor/rooftop where the ampitheatre is.

Now in DB, we have a playground, park and indoor playroom and kids pools (at the residents club which you have to pay to join) within a 1 min walk. Its brilliant for kids.

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    Definitely depends where you choose to live. We were in Midlevels and moved to Discovery Bay for this exact reason. It was getting too hard to entertain our toddler without lots of travel or walking (which is no good in the rain or heat). On the Island there are lots of paid playgroups and Playtown in Belchers area is great. Also we used to go to Cyberport a lot to run around on the top floor/rooftop where the ampitheatre is.

Now in DB, we have a playground, park and indoor playroom and kids pools (at the residents club which you have to pay to join) within a 1 min walk. Its brilliant for kids.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast