Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

School snacks

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    Unbelievable !!! I've never heard about something so stupid. My son is going to Woodland and snack time is fruits and crakers and cheese and plenty of new things every day !
    At least they could have tried to find a half way solution.
    I would complain too and threat them to put the story in the newspapers !
    Do you know if this rule is going only in Sheung Wan or all over HK Island for this school ?

Aava.Wong is offline Registered User
    this is ridiculous!! they should've come to a mutual agreement on the snack selection and not be so anal, forceful and uncaring.

i'm glad that you decided to leave CDB before this issue but i feel sorry for your son and his friends. can we do anything to help?

Lisainhk is offline Registered User
    Far out Neha I started tearing up on your last post!! Poor boy :( Is it possible to take him directly to his class tomorrow quickly just so he can say goodbye?? That's such a horrible situation :( I really feel for you both!
    Thanks for sharing your experience. I won't be sending mine there.

OX Jess is offline Registered User
    Unbelievable! Just can't believe what I've read. What a school ?!? Wondering what attitude the Principal has in front of the kids? HEARTLESS! What's the big fuss about bringing a sandwich instead of a boiled egg or fruits... Feel sorry for you and your boy.

Neha is offline Banned
    Thank u guys for the support. We would like to the kids one more time and give our gifts to his teacher but knowing the Director she will not even let us enter the school to get his things in the locker. She will leave it at the reception and Iam also sure she will give my son a horrible report for his work. Luckily we are moving out of hong kong and have already found him a school.

Thanks for the support once again
    Last edited by rani; 05-17-2010 at 08:53 AM.

Aava.Wong is offline Registered User
    good luck on your move but i'm wondering why is she acting like this? did you ruffle her feathers?

p.s. i won't be sending my bub there!

0ze_Kid is offline Registered User
    I am also shocked! I have spoken to the owner of the school when we considered placing our daughter and she was very reasonable and appeared to put the best interest of the kids first. This is just really shocking to read.

And very un-Montessori like.

I could understand a no "commercial" or "packaged" snack rule to encourage healthy eating but fruit or egg is just too limiting for such young children.

Would be interested in what the education dept come back with. Please keep us updated.

Neha is offline Banned
    Yes my husband ruffled feathers earlier when she started commenting upon on parenting skills outside school premises and hours. My husband asked her not to send any emails not concerning my cold outside school.

Every morning my son says good morning to other teachers except her because when he joined Casa she made cry for an hour because he didnot put his shoes on himself. He was 2.9 then. Also because we r moving in June and asked her to give the written before we leave and she refused and would give only in july.

I feel even if she has issues with my husband she should make my son the victim

I agree with u when u first meet the Director she makes u feel that children are her first priority. She fooled us also but after a while her true colours come out. In her world u either agree with her or u get out. She is the most stuborn self centered teacher I have ever met. She talks the talk but she doesn't walk the talk .

As u can c from above post I am quite upset
    Last edited by rani; 05-17-2010 at 08:53 AM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast