Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

School snacks

Neha is offline Banned
    thanks rani. Our school already had that restrictions we could not send any muffin, cookies etc to school, so we sent sandwiches.

snagito is offline Registered User
    I really think it is important that your little one goes in to say goodbye and has a sense that he is 'leaving' etc - it is completely unfair that you should be treated like this after being at the school for some years.

Glad that the other parents at CDB are willing to organise playdates. If my child was at CDB I'd definitely get other parents together to write a letter of support to the principal - of course other parents might be scared she'd 'turn' against them or whatever but I suppose that is what making a stand is all about - making sure CDB realises that parents are not going to put up with this unfairness - From what you say, it sounds like this could have happened to any parent and child. How awful. Please keep us posted on what happens.

Neha is offline Banned
    thank u snagito.

It happened to a child earlier in Feb but we were told that a 2 year child was rowdy so there were asked to leave. In fact that child is so adorable he is big in size but in no way he is harmful and we had a playdate with that kid last week and he is such a darling.

We are not expecting a whole lot of parents to turn up for the playdate we are planning on having as a farewell for our son because they have to remain in that school and might worry of the consequences which is completely understandable,but we did send emails to all parents that we could telling them what had happened.

Neha is offline Banned
    Just to let u all know we received the cheque today from CBD for the deposit refund and school fees for the month of may less 5 days

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    Neha - sorry to hear the dramas you have been through and thanks for sharing the name of the school. I wonder if they would have been more understanding if you weren't already leaving the school at the end of the month? Seems very extreme to say that you have to leave because your son prefers sandwiches over fruit! Outrageous behaviour for a school for little ones. I hope you do take it further. Is there not a board of trustees or directors above the principal or is she the owner/principal?

Neha is offline Banned
    Apparently the sole owner though she claims she has silent partner/ investor. Thatbus one if the issues no suggestions are accepted in the right manner. All decisions are made by her. Even if we want to discuss with our class teacher anything she will be there, if we call to speak to the teacher she will speak, emails are routed thru her. No PTA no board one person all decisions like a dictator

jane01 is offline Registered User
    Thanks for the information. I've sent a link to this thread to my friend who was considering this school.

My eldest daughter would starve if they could only eat fruit or eggs. Fussy eater, what can I do? Also, there are plenty of children who are allergic to eggs, including a boy in her class.

My daughters school encourage healthy eating in a positive way, including:
    "No chocolate or crisps at school unless they are for Mr Hunt ".
    Mr Hunt is the deputy who wrote the note. She has never questioned this rule.

josoo is offline Registered User

school snacks

Geez...you know what the school is too small and in my opinion too ideal. Good luck is all I can say...that's why they will never run another location and never grow.

Every parent wants their child to be healthy - what they eat, how they behave, what time they sleep; but you can't enforce rules like that for eating!

My daughter loves carbs and she hates fruit...boiled eggs? What kind of option is that...the boiled egg would smell out the lunch-bags and the classroom. That's a good one...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast