Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

School snacks

carang is offline Registered User
    all i can say is... wow!

as someone who runs a school, i am ALWAYS aware that i am a temporary fixture in the child's life (hopefully a memorable one), but that the PARENTS are in the driver's seat. i can make gentle suggestions on how to handle "problems", but it is NOT my place to tell parents how to parent their children. i can only offer advice and suggestions and my own experience as a teacher and a mother, but by no means do i believe it is my place to enforce those ideas on others.

i am also completely aware that although i have a waiting list, my reputation is what matters to me. i have made exceptions to every rule i've made when individual circumstances are taken into consideration.

ie. if a lesson is cancelled/unattended by a child due to illness a dr certificate must be presented in order to receive a make-up class. HOWEVER, i have one mother who has been battling cancer. FOR HER, i told her that if she ever felt unwell, just let us know. we would have our schedule fit her. we would do our best to get her daughter into the number of classes that she had paid for and i guaranteed her that she would not lose any $ due to the fact that she was suffering nausea or any other symptom of the chemo that she was undergoing.

parents are the bread and butter of the business of education. if you cannot maintain good relations with the parents, it won't be long before your reputation suffers and you begin to lose students....

Happy Baby is offline Registered User
    thank you neha for sharing your experience with us. i am sure most parents with school aged kids will benefit from your warning and avoid CDB at all cost. i know, i for one, will! good luck.

Neha is offline Banned
    cyberashlee: hope we can meet up on 31st may for krish's farewell. so much to talk it is unbelievable. as u thought S would be the next one to leave.U have written exactly what we feel and couldnot agree more with what u have written about her behaviour and issues with certain kids and families
    If she threatened S with kicking him out and throwing is things I would Complain to ED , though I dont think they will do anything but they should know that this school is scaring kids.

Somebody told me she hada rough childhood if that is true and she has turned out to be so vicious she should stay away from kids ( my opinion)

Anyway no reply froms chool about the belongings and no reply from ED either , we are in Shanghai when we get back will contact ED again.

I would seriously ask parents before enrolling their kids in CBD to ask questions like

How many AMI trained teachers in each class. as they mention 2 and right now there is 1 in e ach class

secondly what is the age of kids in casa? normally montessori works best when kids range from 2.5 to 6 in casa class. like in our class. 99% of kids were all born between sept 2006 and march 2007 so there was no older kids teaching/helping younger kids.

also ask about the teachers experiences? what we found that some teachers were just fresh out of school with very little practical.

as CBD is mainly Expats most kids tend to stick to English teacher and chinese teacher is left to do art and looking after kids. so when they say the teacher o child ratio is 1.14 is not true .it i smore like 1.20/22 as most kids stick with the English teacher

Ask her about Verbal, Written reports and Observation schedules. Like in our case we were not there during the verbal report they refused to have another day for us.

Of course they should ask he school about food policy.

I just think parents should really question this school alot before deciding. as IMS is opening another branch in Mid Levels

Happy Baby: I cannot decide for other parents but I am just telling them about what happened with us. I have been one of the biggest supporters of this school and I just feel that concern and love that they showed earlier is a farce.

Right now we have tried contacting my son's teacher and no reply from her either. Thought that she cared but apparently not enough.

carang is offline Registered User
    or she could be in fear of losing her job> from the sounds of things, the principal would have the teachers on very short leashes...

Neha is offline Banned
    yes she does that is why we sent her a message thru other ways without the school knowing but will see if she gets back. if not then no big deal

solidstars is offline Registered User
    neha really sorry to hear about your experience! definitely won't be sending my son there.

my brother when he was in grade 1 had a similar experience where the teacher picked up a pair of scissors and cut off his 'tail' (hair) which was really short anyways, my mother had a fit and stormed into the school in a rage... it really affected my brother and he still remembers it...

hope your son is feeling better...

jvn
    jvn is offline Registered User
    Sorry you've had this bad experience Neha. Thanks very much for posting this and warning the rest of us off.

Neha is offline Banned
    no problem my son is fine we are in shanghai enjoying my nieces and the expo. i just wanted other parents to question the school more than what we did and not suffer like my son,

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast