Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

School snacks

Neha is offline Banned

School snacks

Hi

Our school is starting a new policy that kids are allowed to eat and bring only fruits and hard boiled eggs as snacks to school. My son is a very poor eater . he is 3.5 years old and weighs 11.00 kgs. Dr says nothing wrong with him and he is super active. But he doesnt eat fruits. He takes a sandwich every day to school which he eats some days. Now the school is threatening to send back all food except fruits and hard boiled egg.

I have already asked his teacher not to return his food and let him eat but I know the principal who is very anal.( I have a lot more adjectives that I would like to use but am refraining myself) What are my options. The school is not providing any snack. Can I complain to Education authority? or any body else?

I would appreciate your input.

We are leaving this school on 31st May 2010

Hannah's Mom is offline Registered User
    That is just crazy! They would rather your child go hungry than eat a sandwich. I get if there is any special allergies in the class to ask parents not to send in something specific (nuts, strawberries...) but NOTHING but fruit or hard boiled eggs... Is this a Pre-school? Can you say which one? (Not too sure of rules on that!) I don't blame you for leaving the school, first snacks... then what!

good luck with this... I'm not sure where I'd start complaining!

Hannah's Mom is offline Registered User
    Just saw your new post! That is so unbelievable!

Neha is offline Banned
    Yes that is the reason . When we got the email about the fruits I emailed her that they cannot do that and the reply came dont come to school from tomorrow straight.

I used to be one of the fiercest supporters of the this school and i feel so let down it is unbelievable.

Roshna is offline Registered User
    Hi, Neha,

That is really too much! The kids are in preschool. They need to be in a happy environment where they are nurtured. The school sounds too rigid (and rigid is a polite word, my thoughts are actually not so polite!). I've had my eldest in Woodland, then Victoria. The second one in the Tregunter playgroup and now Victoria. I have seen kids special snack requests being granted everywhere because they are just too young to be made to eat just fruit and hard boiled eggs! At 18months+, some in my daughter's class were still on purees from the home! They all enjoy their crackers or bsicuits or cheese slices or cake squares! Come on!

All schools encourage the kids to eat healthy but never so strict and SO LIMITED.

shri is offline Administrator
    Bizzare that they picked "hard boiled eggs" as the only healthy option.

I personally would have picked a cocktail of vitamin pills.... :D

Neha is offline Banned
    I dont care about the Anal B****H. But what matters to me is that my son didnt get to say good bye to his friends and his teachers.

sandy0741 is offline Registered User
    I think this is absurd, denying the kid of food and also education!!!! What will your son feel when you suddenly tell him you are not going to school tomorrow, and this is total irresponsibility, i feel sorry for you and your son, what are you going to do now? finding other schools?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast