Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

New

Sleuth is offline Registered User
    Substitutes for a double stroller that work better in HK:
    (1) single stroler and baby sling or similar
    (2) stroller that accepts one of those runnign boards on the back side so that one kid rides in the stroller and the other rides along behind; McClaren stroller and Lascal running board, for instance.

We rejected Tai Po for the very reasons you list. Too far from the train/metro.

You'll need a realtor to get into those places and to speak with the lanlord; unless you are fluent in Canto?

temajie is offline Registered User
    I have a Phil and Teds :) And I am using daily my Ergo too :) Great websites, thank you!
    Someone kindly recommended me Laguna Verde in Hung Hom. Is it a nice place to live? Better than the southwest side of Kowloon (Victoria Harbour)?
    Thanks.

TNT
    TNT is offline Banned
    Just on the Phil and Ted's we moved here 6 weeks ago from Australia and have found it mostly useless - yes it can fit on the pavement generally but if in busy places it is hard work and there are steps everywhere.You can get around them but usually this means such a detour it's easier to not bother! it might be a bit better in Kowloon though. I generally use the Ergo heaps and/or Maclaren Quest as Sleuth said. One good thing my daughter has been walking heaps more, but she is a bit older (3.5)

Would highly recommend using a realtor as Southside852 said, you'll get a much better range of apartments plus they can arrange appointments and a driver to take you around, which with 2 young kids makes the whole experience a lot more manageable. Plus she showed us some apartments and areas we wouldn't have otherwise considered and we ending up changing our minds as to where we wanted to live based on this.

Where can I find realtors? Newspapers? Internet? Thanks.

southside852 is offline Registered User
    I just posted you two...see above.

jvn
    jvn is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong Property and Apartment, for Rent and for Sale - Hong Kong Realty is good, they're very helpful and will set up your utilities for you as well when you move in.

Edit: Just realised that is the same link as posted above - I'll second that recommendation then!

I have seen the link, thank you, but I thought it was just to give me an idea of the properties from abroad and then once in HK I would have another interlocutor.

southside852 is offline Registered User
    unless you have a relocation consultant, which some companies provide as part of your relocation package, who can do all the leg work for you (i.e. can access all the data bases and compile a master list for you and set up all the appt with all the realtors) then you'll have to go to agencies like Centaline or to Stately Home directly to access their properties.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Scroll to top