Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

AC in the Summer

piper is offline Registered User

AC in the Summer

Seeing that tonight is such a humid night - I would like to turn on the AC for bubs.
    He seems so sweaty too.
    What temperature should I set the Air conditioner?

Thanks for your help in advance!

plumtree is offline Registered User
    Hi it depends on your a/c. With one of them, we're comfortable with 25C. The other a/c seems to work best set on 23C. He's in his pjs and a light grobag. And yes, the humid season is starting!

geomum is offline Registered User
    We put it on 25 and sometimes if my daughter is feeling sweaty I put it on 24.

piper is offline Registered User
    Its the old style AC(I think) or common. You can set temp, Fan control (high, med or low). Do I do 25 low?

carang is offline Registered User
    LOL! ours is set at 7-8 and med cool (not a fancy one with the actual temperature).

babies tend to sleep much better in cooler temperatures than in warmer ones. the recommended temp for a baby's room at night is 17-18C...so much cooler than what the previous ladies have theirs set at.

personally, i find it very difficult to actually achieve that temperature in hk, it's just too much work for the air con to handle, so we have a floor fan on as well. (my two kids share a large, 300' room, so there is quite a large space to cool off).

do not worry if your baby's hands are a little cool to the touch. that's ok.. the body is warming the interior of the body and it actually means that the baby is sleeping at a comfortable temperature.

forgot to say that we've been using the aircon on and off for weeks already.

plumtree is offline Registered User
    Our rooms are much smaller than that (lol) so somewhere in the 23-25C range feels comfortable. Any colder and it would feel like a Citibus in summer :-)

my kids are like me, though, when it comes to sleeping. i have used the air con almost all "winter" only going a handful of nights without it.

i sleep in a tanktop, 1 VERY thin blanket, have the air con directly above me, a fan blowing on me AND AN ICE PACK under my head! i STILL wake up with the sweats! i'm a little furnace when i sleep! poor hubby sleeps with long-sleeved sweatshirt, THICK blanket pulled up around his ears and is freezing....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast