Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Health insurance with the best maternity plan in HK?

StareBear is offline Registered User
    I am with DKV and my only out of pocket expense for my entire pregnancy including private room at Matilda was $250 for my meal which I ordered while I was in labour. Still don't really understand why I had to pay for that but am not complaining! Since then all my baby's expenses including vaccines have been reimbursed. For things like physio they need referrals and if you have treatment for a long time they may ask for the referral to be refreshed. The only expense I have not received full reimbursement on is dental. My insurance plan is arranged by my employer though so am not sure if this coverage is generally available or what the cost is though (can only imagine it is expensive).

jvn
    jvn is offline Registered User
    Thanks StareBear, that's really good to know about the maternity claims.

They asked me for a 'full medical report on this medical condition' on the physio so I'm getting back to them to find out if they mean referral, don't want to waste time getting the wrong thing!

hkexpat2010 is offline Registered User
    thanks, rani!

jvn- so you work directly with the insurance company to file the claims? i thought when you go through an agent, they normally take care of them.

rani is offline Administrator
    Usually claim forms are sent straight to the insurance company and not the agent.

NewBabyLA is offline Registered User
    Contact for DKV much appreciated pleasse

Capergirl is offline Registered User
    hkexpat2010,

I signed with DKV in March. They have FULL maternity coverage (with the exception of an elective cesarean) and only an 8 month waiting period! They have full dental coverage as well.

We checked out a few companies and this one was by far the best for us. It is about $2,500 USD for the year but when you consider the high cost to go private, this is very reasonable. I have already made 2 claims (pap test and chicken pox vaccination) and I received full reimbursement within 3 weeks.

My husband and I are going to start trying this summer. If we do get pregnant then we will have to pay for the first few appointments but after the waiting period (Nov.) everything will be covered.

hkexpat2010 is offline Registered User
    capergirl- thanks for the info! did you use the agency kwiksure or go direct to dkv?

my quote for dkv was around 7,000usd from kwiksure! but maybe we have a big age difference. i'm 33. do you mind if i ask how old you are?

thanks for sharing your info! good luck!

Portia is offline Registered User
    hkexpat2010 - just for comparison purposes, I pay around USD1700 with Healthcare Intl with a USD1000 deductible and I am in the 41-45 age bracket. I have the Premium package which covers routine maternity costs up to USD25K and 100% of complications. Should be even cheaper if you are as young as 33!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast