Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Health insurance with the best maternity plan in HK?

*jellybean* is offline Registered User
    I didn't get a letter of guarantee but was able to claim my Matilda deposit with DKV.

jvn
    jvn is offline Registered User
    What they paid it in advance? at 12 weeks or whenever you booked? That's interesting!

lorraine is offline Registered User
    Maternity plan? never thought of that really...but i was browsing around and went to the babyfair recently. I'm nearly 5 months pregnant and i'm thinking of storing my baby's umbilical cord blood. what do you guys think?

firsttime_mommy is offline Registered User

DKV and ivf

Hi, im looking to get ivf, and noticed that DKV top offers upto Eur 15000 for infertility treatments. Anyone has had experience in claiming for infertility- could you please advise when and how one can claim for infertility- the plan is not very clear if any waiting period is necessary.

also the limit is per 'insured couple' des that mean my husband would have to get it too? He is on company medical plan which is good enough to cover costs.

thanks in advance for your help
    Last edited by firsttime_mommy; 10-31-2011 at 10:01 PM.

hkexpat2010 is offline Registered User
    sorry no experience with infertility treatment reimbursement, but one thing you may want to note is that it says 50% cover up to the 15000euro.

you can call their broker in hong kong to clarify www.kwiksure.com.

dkv itself is pretty crap about replying to questions or maybe that's just related to claims. they are super efficient about 85% of the time, but when they make a mistake it's really difficult to get them to acknowledge it and/or get any response from them.

good luck!

fusciaskies is offline Registered User
    Hello, can I ask about the 8 months waiting period for the DKV insurance? I understand that they don't cover for any costs for 8 months from the date of purchase of the insurance, but does anyone know whether they would reimburse the cost of the private hospital deposit, if it is paid before the end of the 8 months even though delivery is after the 8 months passes?

hkexpat2010 is offline Registered User
    i think normally dkv doesn't reimburse the hospital deposit, that's according to their agent. in practice, i was able to get my deposit refunded. so i'm not sure what their policy would be if you paid the deposit before the 8 months time period kicked in. my guess is they would just look at the claim date and reject it, but you can always try...

fyi- dkv's guarantee letter only covers up to 10,000euros so if your delivery bill is higher, you need them to reissue the letter to the hospital. i had to have this done just before x-mas and it was a huge pain in the a** while in the hospital recovering from the delivery and trying to chase the agent and insurance company to reissue before i checked out. (i had an emergency c-section so my matilda bill was over 200,000hkd.)

fusciaskies is offline Registered User
    Congrats on delivering (if it was just this past Xmas)!
    Have been speaking with agents about DVK today and the cost is above US$4K/yr but I think still worth it. Good to know about a re-issuance of the guarantee letter. Thanks!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast