Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Health insurance with the best maternity plan in HK?

jvn
    jvn is offline Registered User
    In my experience DKV do refund the deposit but not at the time you pay the deposit (around 12 weeks). They refund it once you have the actual treatment. I.e. they don't pay in advance for treatment you haven't had yet.

With respect to them refunding the deposit, by that logic I'd think that they would as the deposit amount that you put down goes towards the bill for treatment and the treatment that you receive will (hopefully) be out of the 8 month period but it's best to check directly with them.

Interesting with the letter of guarantee, the last time I went in the letter said "all costs associated with" but I'll have to check what this one says, thanks for raising it.

fusciaskies is offline Registered User
    I spoke with my insurance agent today and she said that DVK should refund any deposit you might have paid before the 8 months waiting period is up. Yay!

fusciaskies is offline Registered User
    Does anyone know whether DVK will reimburse for midwife costs? The policy states midwife services in both the inpatient and outpatient sections, but not sure whether these services need to be medically necessary in order to be claimable. Do people find that using the services of a midwife is helpful?

CsBih is offline Registered User
    In my dealings with DKV their admin is painfully shocking. They do pay though it may take some time. Their billing system is all over the place.....not taking payment on time, taking more than one payment at once, etc.

As far as maternity cover goes they have a shorter wait period (8 months) than others (12 months) but really what is four months when you need to deal with their poor admin.

William Russell offer brilliant cover and their admin is spot on. I have used Village Holdings to broker my insurance and they seem quite good....I have just switched from William Russell to InterGlobal through them because as a couple your children are covered for free as part of your cover. This makes a big difference when you have three like me here in HK.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567