My 2yr old daughter has just started going to a new playgroup at Boxhill International at Fotan, They have been running a branch at Ma On Shan and now they have opened a new branch at Fotan, and it happens to be just 10minutes walk from our house. I have heard froma few of my friend that it is considered to be one of the good schools in the NT. She has been there for one week ony, the teacher is good, and rest of the staff is also very polite and considerate. But for the 1.5hrs we spend there, we hardly do anything:-

1. 9:00 to 9:20 children play with each other and the toys in the class.
2. 9:20 to 9:40 - teacher sings a few songs (without music), talks abt the weather today and explains an activity- somecolouring/pasting etc.
3. 9:40 to 9:45 - wash hands, go to washroom
4. 9:45 to 10:00 - snack time, they do make the chilren clean-up
5. 10:00 to 10:15 - They play in the playroom

And its time to go back home.
also, there only a teacher in the class and no helper.

I don't expect them to be teaching alphabets and numbers to 2yr olds, but just 20minutes of activity time seems just too less. I don't want to burden my child with studies at such a young age, but i also don't want her to just come back home after some colouring and playing.

Earlier she was going to Tutortime in Kowloon Tong and she was having a great time. But now i thought it is definitely good to have the school close by. also she has her interview for nursery at boxhill next week, after this, i am seriously re-considering this school.

Can you please mums share your experience of what the children (2-3 yrs old) do at the playgroups,like what routine they follow? Is this the normal routine at most of the playgroups?

Also can anybody share their experience at boxhill MOS?

Cara - I think you would be the best judge on this issue.

Thanks in advance.