Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

IUI & OHSS question

Erib32 is offline Registered User

IUI & OHSS question

Hi Ladies, So, I did a round of Gonal F, with HCG trigger & IUI, and now 5 days since estimated ovulation. Went to the doctor as I was having bad pain on my right side.. turns out I have mild OHSS and have a 3mm cyst on my right.. and many other cysts on the ovaries.. Doc told me to not exercise except walk, keep taking progesterone, make sure I am peeing normally (if not a sign of more severe OHSS) and that the cysts will go away. I have two questions.. 1) Did anyone else get pregnant from IUI even with OHSS and 2) Should I be more concerned about the cysts???? I definitely feel them and feel sort of helpless just "waiting"...
    Any advice from anyone would be appreciated.. Thank you ladies...

dimsum mum is offline Registered User
    PG mentioned

Hi Erib
    I can't exactly answer your questions but I do want to address them.
    I was hospitalised for 12 days with severe OHSS back in 2003. It was extremely painful. It turned out that I was pg and I successfully carried the pg.

Keep drinking liquids, eating protein, and do monitor your urine output. Your dr is right, the cysts will resolve themselves eventually.

Unfortunately, infertility and it's treatments seem to be all about "hurry up and wait"...sorry that while you are in the middle of your two week wait you are in the middle of another wait.

newbiekt is offline Registered User
    I would not get too worried about the cysts at this stage. I also had them following mild over-stimulation and then went on the next cycle to conceive naturally. At the time I was devastated as for me it meant a cancelled treatment cycle and no IUI, but it all turned out for the best and after nearly three years of trying our son was born.

bridiemexico is offline Registered User
    i also suffered from OHSS after IVF and was hospitalised for 5 days, but was pregnant and carried a successful pregnancy with twins. Sometimes the pregnancy hormones can trigger the OHSS, but not always. Hang in there!

Erib32 is offline Registered User
    Thanks ladies for all your advice and for sharing your experiences. You definitely made me feel better about this situation. I am just trying to take it easy and drink a lot of water! I am 6 DPO, so the wait is definitely in full swing.. ;)
    One other question though.. the side where the giant cyst is, was also the side where one of my two mature follices was. Could it be that I didn't ovulate and that follicle just got bigger?? Or is it more likely another follicle, that just got stimulated from the trigger and got really big? Anyone not ovulate from the trigger ??