Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

horrible incident

Aava.Wong is offline Registered User

horrible incident

Fetus fiend caged - The Standard

how horrible is this?! my heart went out to the preggy lady and the baby who didn't survive.

all of you mummies - pls pls be careful and meet strangers in a public place.

Lisainhk is offline Registered User
    That's awful :( I'm glad they survived though!

carang is offline Registered User
    they??? the baby died 6 months later....

ssheng is offline Registered User
    I really don't understand how having two miscarriages, being an only child and having parents who divorced when she was young are mitigating factors by any stretch of the imagination. I know that miscarriages are heartbreaking, and I am not trying to downplay that at all, but she was only 27 years old and had at least another decade to try to conceive. (And again, what does being an old child of divorced parents have to do with anything?!)

Maybe the article just failed to mention this, but I would think there should also be an attempted murder charge for what she did to the poor mother. And I thought there was a murder charge between 1st degree (premeditated) and manslaughter where you act recklessly enough to do something where there is a reasonable likelihood someone will die? I would think that would be applicable and carry a heavier sentence than manslaughter. But then again, I don't know much about Hong Kong's judicial system; just figured this would have survived from British common law.

The whole thing is incredibly tragic.

Aava.Wong is offline Registered User
    isn't it funny how the lawyers defend their clients saying that they did it coz they were depressed/mentally ill/what-not? she would know that slicing up a woman's body to get to the fetus will lead into someone's death! her showing remorse isn't going to bring back the baby..i would plead again for a stronger jail term if i was the mum.