Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

pre-nursery/nursery in kowloon - pls help!!!

baguette is offline Registered User
    yep, some nursery already told me that afteroon classes are still available but my daugher sleeps in the afternoon and I wouldn't like to pay to have her sleeping in school.
    I know she will stop but I cannot force her.

Now I'll check Tutortime!

carang is offline Registered User
    ALL of the whole-day schools will have a nap-time. the local kids are kept awake very late at night, some don't go to bed until 11pm-12mn!

at my son's school, the nap is 12;30-2pm...

his school's website is:
    index1.jpg

my son is on here(front row, first on the left):
    http://www.sklokyuk.edu.hk/album/k2trip/pic0006.jpg

yes, so you can all imagine that if a kid goes to school from 1.45 pm to 4.45 pm the risk of sleeping for most of the 3 hours is big.

I am not saying I don't want her to sleep in school at all, but I'd prefer not to have her sleeping in school for one or more hours if she's there just for few hours.

Carang, the school does not look like a Cantones school..I mean, they talk about an English-Chinese curriculum...

Anyway it looks very nice and, by the way, I checked some properties in Saikung and they are much bigger than other houses around Hong Kong....

jaykay is offline Registered User
    I'm with Cara here and my daughter will be attending the same kindergarten this year. My wife works in Kowloon Bay, close to Kwun Tong and travel time can be superbly quick unless traffic accidents. I personally work a lot in China and while I don't share the 35 minutes to Sheung Shui theory (can take almost that to get to Shatin some days) it's not a huge hassle - can also depend on where you cross the border - much easier in HK to select the right border crossing than try and get where you want Shenzhen side. Travelling to Tsim Sha Tsui / HK Island side for other locations in China by ferry isn't too difficult either once you know the quickest ways to go by public transport.

your son is lovely.

ok...it's a pitty I'm still in Dubai, I would go there now to check and decide.

One more question, my daugher is gonna be 2 years and 7 months in Sepember, is she too young for that kindergarden??

(nooo pls...say NO!)

baguette, i think you misunderstood me.

the children ONLY sleep if they go to the school for the whole day (8/8:45-4/5:30). if they go for 1/2 day (8:45-12 or 12:45-4) they do NOT sleep.

it is a cantonese school. 95% of the instruction is in cantonese. they do have english classes and when the kids are older, mandarin/putonghua classes. but they follow the local curriculum inthe local language.

yes, houses here are cheaper. we pay less than $17K/month and we have 2100', 5 bed, 4 bath, 1000' garden, 2 carparks. we have a VERY good deal, though, and probably the cheapest in our village. the cheapest you can get now is probably closer to $20k/month. we are 20 minutes out of sai kung town in the country park. closer to town, the prices go up. so, depending on your budget, you may get an entire house (like we have) with a garden...

jaykay, i drive via Ma On Shan and it is highway the entire way... i don't go anywhere near sha tin....as i said, this is driving NOT via public transport.

baguette, it depends on when she was born. if she was born in 2007 (as was my daughter) she will go this coming september...if she was born in 2008, then it is the following year. well, actually, that is not quite right. they may take her but you will not be eligible for the discount on the fees until you get the gov't voucher, which will be valid the following year...

does that make any sense?

jaykay... what year is your daughter in?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast