Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

pre-nursery/nursery in kowloon - pls help!!!

jaykay is offline Registered User
    carang, sorry as I lived up there many years and Ma On Shan is classed as a part of Shatin hence my meaning. Of course if I travel to Sheung Shui (unless staying overnight) I will drive and do so pretty much every week from close to centre of SK (in quick car and I don't mess around either on highways)! Obviously I pick the right border crossing depending where I am going in SZ - if Nanshan area I'll go to Kowloon Tong and use coach, if Futian I can use bus / train, etc. If elsewhere in western Guangdong (Zhongshan, Shunde, etc) I can use ferry - or through train. Hence a mix of my car and public transport depending on what I am doing and where I am going.

Anyway continuing on your last post we don't get so much as you do for the cost being so close to town BUT we do still have a great space, superb views and convenience (+1 carpark)! Actually great to have all those choices here.

Daughter will start this year in Aug / Sept - she turns 3 in July. She's actually looking forward to it and keeps telling us she's going to school soon and will meet lots of friends! I'm looking forward to it myself!

carang is offline Registered User
    she may be in my daughter's class! she's starting in sept, too!... but she turned 3 last feb...i think she'll be one of the oldest in the class. she missed the cut-off for last year by less than 5 weeks...

baguette is offline Registered User
    cara,

"children ONLY sleep if they go to the school for the whole day (8/8:45-4/5:30). if they go for 1/2 day (8:45-12 or 12:45-4) they do NOT sleep."

oh I got it, the problem is that my daugher authomatically falls asleep at a certain hour so unless I manage to change this habbit, she cannot attend afternoon class!

I understand the gov't voucher matter.
    She was born in jan 2008...it starts being a problem! everywhere they tell me that dec 2007 would have been better!

I wanted to send an email to the school to ask them some more question but the address on the website does not work..do you think you can help me finding the right one?

oh no! she'll miss the cut off for thr voucher. but their fees are reasonable even without it... will see if i can get the email tomorrow for you

thank you!

hi baguette,
    i just called the school. she gave me a different email address and said they would check the one listed on the website (thank you for letting them know!).

the email address is:

[email protected]

i asked about your daughter, born in january... the answer was this:

the term goes sept-jan, feb-summer... so, the earliest your daughter could get in would be Feb as if they don't meet the age criteria at the beginning of the year, they must wait until they are 3 years old to start.

also, she said that the voucher would not be valid until sept 2011. so, your daughter could join in Feb, do a few months, get used to it... then stay in the same class for the following year (at which time you would be able to get the voucher for the fee discount).

hope that helps!

Princess101 is offline Registered User
    Hi, I just wondered if anyone has experience of Tutor Time in Mid Levels (Caine Road). I am thinking of enrolling my son who is 14 months, but we are a western family and speak no Mandarin, half the class at Tutor Time is conducted in Mandarin. We will probably only be in Hong Kong for maximum 3 years, do you think it is worth trying to teach him Mandarin? If anyone has any experience of this I would be very grateful to hear about it. Any other pre-nursery recommendations would also be useful. I currently send him to Woodlands (The Peak) but there is a very small outside space and I'm not sure it's the right place for my son. Thanks.

Thank you Cara!

Do you think it is possible to find a serviced apartment in saikung so that we can stay there while we look for the apartment we will rent?

now I know which one is saikung and we've been there few times in the past but just for lunch so we want to make sure that we like it and everything.

we are now quite excited about this!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast