Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

pre-nursery/nursery in kowloon - pls help!!!

carang is offline Registered User
    AFAIK there are no serviced apt in sai kung... there are some in Ma On Shan, but that won't give you the same feeling as if you were in Sai Kung itself.

any idea what your housing budget is? if so, i can have a look around for you to see what's available out there.

remember that even if you sign a place, you only have to normally stay for 14 months (you give 2m notice at 1 year) then you can move out if you don't like it...

bloominginhk is also in sai kung and her daughter is in my son's class at school...

baguette is offline Registered User
    our budget is 25k.
    we would prefer not to stay too far away from the village.
    the more we can save (can we save anything?) the better it is, of course.

I don't want you to look for apartments on my behalf...that would be really too much to ask! just let me know whether it's doable.

and...what about playgroups? if she's to be home untill Feb 2011 I'd better find something interesting for her to do in the meanwhile!

i'll look around at the flyers/leaflets that the estate agents use for advertising and let you know what is in your budget.

there's lots to do...there's a public pool (open april-october/november), a library, lots of playgrounds a "bring your kid to play" place and some other playgroups in the area...

my helper will pick up my son in a couple of hours, i'll ask her to pick up the flyers and get back to you asap.

sai kung is made up of Sai Kung Town and surrounding villages. we are out in sai kung country park. by minibus, it takes us about 15 min to get to town. by double-decker, it takes about 30 minutes.

generally speaking, the closer to town, the more expensive the housing... but that doesn't mean you can't get anything within your budget.

right now, there is a house in the front of our village that has been COMPLETELY renovated! i mean, it was gutted and only the outside walls were left standing. they are looking for $20k... so, you could go for that, and get a second hand car or two and still be saving money...

baguette is offline Registered User
    Cara...are you real or am I just dreaming about an ideal world full of nice peolple??
    I mean....

Thank you!!

no problem... check your "private messages", just sent you one.

helper forgot to pick up the leaflets, but i've done some searching on a few websites and found the following:

remember, for a village house: 1400' usually refers to 2 floors of a 3 floor house, so you would get either ground floor plus middle floor OR middle floor plus top floor. if you get a ground floor, usually there is some kind of garden. if you get the top floor, there is the usable rooftop.

2100' means the entire house is yours...

Sunshine Property Consultant Limited ???????~?U????????q

http://www.squarefoot.com.hk/search/...ord=&x=26&y=17

the last set of listings will also include separate estate agents, where you can find their own websites...

good luck!

ps> just had a look through some of the listings on the second link. some of them are in clearwater bay, which is close to sai kung, but more residential. there is not much except housing, so in my opinion, better to be closer to sai kung town for the kids...
    Last edited by carang; 05-12-2010 at 05:29 PM.

here's another one:

T & T Properties Agency Co.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast