Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Shining Heights

baguette is offline Registered User

Shining Heights

An agent suggested me this building that is supposed to be very luxurious with swimming pool and everything and not expensive (rental 20K for more that 100sqft) but the only pictures and informations I found online are by the constructor and are not even actual pictures just drawings.

I am not in HK now so I cannot go and check...does anybody know anything about it?

Is it true it's not far away from MTR?

How is the world outside it?

Thanks

mcdill is offline Registered User
    Check out www.gohome.com.hk for actual pics

thank you!!

carang is offline Registered User
    tai kok tsui is near Tsim Sha Tsui. it is an older area that has had land around it reclaimed. this new land has had about a dozen VERY tall residential buildings built on it.

personally, i would HATE to live there, but there are others i'm sure who will disagree.

first, if your husband is working in kwun tong, it will be quite a commute... probably over 45-60 minutes in rush hour.

secondly, there is usually some sort of shopping centre under most of these buildings. generally, i completely dislike shopping centres... they are all pretty much the same, except in hk, they generally ONLY carry the expensive shops.

tai kok tsui itself, if you get out of the new land developments is very old, quite run-down and does not have much to offer. (personally speaking)

you would have to pay me a LOT of money to live in one of these places....

forgot to say, most agents will direct you to where they think they will have the least amount of work (they won't have to show you too many as they are all EXACTLY the same, except for the floor they are located on). this is especially easy with new buildings.

i've found that construction standards in hk are pretty much awful.

in EVERY high rise i've lived in (about 6-8 of them over 15 years) there is NO sound-proofing whatsoever. you can hear almost everything going on upstairs, and occasionally from next-door, too!

I imagined that, I've been living in Harbour Green that is not far away (but at least closer to MTR) and after few days the noises from outside became the "normal" soundtrack to our life so much that when we left we where surprised about how "silence" sounded like!

I am not very enthusiastic about the idea of this building but we are considering everything at the moment.

solidstars is offline Registered User
    actually carang i've heard that tai kok tsui is under renovation and will be the next big hit/area to live in... but who knows how many years that will take...

even if it does happen... it will only last a month or so! LOL!