Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

unsalted butter and yelling husband

solidstars is offline Registered User
    He says butter is bad for baby/fattening...

I am going to print out all your comments (THANK YOU SO MUCH!) which made me feel loads better, and show him...

I have nothing against my MIL, we may not see on the same level and although we may not agree on some things I am okay with her overall, it's really my husband that I'm having problems with... Especially his choice of words sometimes...

when i was pregnant (last trimester) we were at a hotel buffet and I ate 3 slices of salmon sashimi and he said i killed his son and that i was poisoning his son and all sorts of mean words, resulting in argument lasting over a week. In the end he promised not to say things like that and I promised not to eat sashimi/seafood whilst pregnant...

carang is offline Registered User
    what does your husband think japanese women eat when they are pregnant for goodness sake???

although, it is something i would be careful about...i saw something that said if you use wasabi, it kills 90% of the bacteria on the fish which is why japanese rarely get sick from it...

as for hubby:

BUTTER WILL NOT KILL THE CHILD! NOR WILL IT MAKE THE CHILD FAT!

a growing body's nutrient requirements are VERY different to an adult. even so, a tiny amount of butter WHEN COOKING is not going to make a person fat!

perhaps hubby needs to do a little reading up on nutrition for children???

carang is offline Registered User
    PS. your husband sounds like a complete and total DRAMA QUEEN...

Aava.Wong is offline Registered User
    at times like these, i look at the positive side as in "awww my hubby cares so much about our bubba!" coz i'd rather have a hubby who cares than not.

married life gets more complicated after the arrival of a lil one but most of us will get through the thick and thin!

~have a great weekend~

geomum is offline Registered User
    Ask him does he think his mum would poison him? Then how does he think you will poison your son? Unless you lived in Jones Town ofcourse in the 70's.
    Fat is very important for brain development in the first 2 years of life. Your husband would think even breastfeeding is poisoning a baby as it contains higher fat content than cow's milk.

geomum is offline Registered User
    "i saw something that said if you use wasabi, it kills 90% of the bacteria on the fish which is why japanese rarely get sick from it..."
    Can believe that for sure, wasabi kills 100% of the bacteria in my tummy hahahahaha!!!!!

City Jammer is offline Registered User
    Tell your husband to take a hike AND a chill pill AND do his own research before making any uninformed comments. I use a combination of Annabel Karmel's recipes and modified them to suit my child's needs (I have to be careful of food allergies since I have them). My in-laws did not always agree with what I feed her but hey, it's my baby and I stood my ground. And yes, my husband doesn't always agree with what I feed her either but I continue to do what I think it's best. Since he's not at home that much anyway, he doesn't always know what I'm feeding our little girl. And as of date, my little girl is past 18 months old, completely healthy and is seldom sick. And if my husband ever yells at me over anything, you can be sure I won't be taking it lying down.

Lisainhk is offline Registered User
    Solidstars I've met your bub. He's a lovely size and weight! You are obviously doing a good job at feeding him :) Stand up for yourself. You are a good mum!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast