Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

unsalted butter and yelling husband

Fisona is offline Registered User

I too feel sorry for you solidstars, you must be under great pressure with husband yelling at you at the time. (even by the time you are posting this thread)

No matter how much he loves the baby, he needs to know that he is "poisoning" the marriage by behaving like this.

I am guessing he is not only pressuring you on how to raise the baby but also on other daily stuffs too?

Hope sitting down together and have a serious chat would help.

solidstars is offline Registered User

thanks fisona, i tell him that too, he doesn't seem to get it...

i really hate it when he says things like that, it makes it seem like i'm a big bad witch that's going to kill my son when in reality i love my son very much. No mother would do the things he say!

lisa, thrush started off looking like one white spot in the mouth/tongue/roof of mouth... then it became more white spots, you're not supposed to wipe it cuz it might bleed. We are giving him Nystatin (same as online recommended med) and another oral med that I can't recall the name of as I don't have it in front of me...

solidstars is offline Registered User

i wonder how do you print all the comments without going from page to page/printing page by page???

Tini is offline Registered User

I can also assure you that you are not doing anything wrong! Maybe I wouldn't have given dumplings at such a young age as their really is nothing nutritious about them. As to frozen veggies, they contain much more vitamins as fresh produce because they are immediately shock frozen when harvested, which preserves all the good stuff. Even if you buy fresh veg, they are NEVER fresh, because: When were they picked? Have they been stored at proper temperature? Where are those veggies coming from? etc... And here in HK you never know where veggies are coming from, I don't trust their ORGANIC here. Organic is such a new thing to HK and their is not control over it like in Europe or America.

As for congee...giving your child only rice, all the time, that doesn't sound healthy to me. A child needs other things than just carbs, and not just those from rice. How about a piece of bread with butter and some ham or jam. Try to give your child as much variety as possible. And butter is VERY healthy. It has a lot of calcium and as mentioned by a mom earlier, kids need a calorie rich diet. They need to grow and they need energy and in order to get this they need rich food. I always give my child "unsalted butter". Their is so much sodium in food these days. When I cook for my son I hardly ever put salt in his food, just a pinch.

Don't get discouraged! Perhaps you should put your husband in front of the computer and let him do some research. It seems to me he has never read anything on child nutrition!

I remember when my son went to playgroup in HK for the first time, all the helpers would tell me that my son looks so healthy and strong. Well, I suppose it's because of his versatile diet. Not like most Chinese children who get congee. I noticed at the playgroup that the kids there are extremely fuzzy about food, they don't like this or that, and some can't chew on crunchy or harder things like cookies. Traditions are good but not always the healthiest!

All the best to you!

Last edited by Tini; 05-19-2010 at 10:32 PM. Reason: adding comment

Margaret09 is offline Registered User

Solidstars, the UK recommends that babies under 1yr can have up to 1g of salt. Bearing in mind the amount that babies of 7 months eat your baby would have to eat a lot of butter to consume that amount!!
    Secondly, the words that your husband is using are very emotive & hurtful. Is he only using words like this since you became pregnant & had your baby? If yes do you think he is finding the transition to parenthood stressful - not that that justifies his behaviour but it maybe a starting point for a conversation between you both.
    Wishing you the best of luck

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456