Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How many scans at Tsan Yuk/QMH?

Macau Mum2b is offline Registered User

How many scans at Tsan Yuk/QMH?

Hi,

I'm 32 weeks and in France we normally have the last scan of 3 around this date. I asked the Dr. at my last apt at Tsan Yuk and he said they only do one throughout the whole pregnancy, the detailed/morphology scan. Can anyone confirm this for me? Should I get it done privately?

Thanks !!!

carang is offline Registered User
    often they do one at 12 weeks (part of the nuchal thickness-?- test for down syndrome) and then the detailed scan at 20 weeks... that's it. UNLESS you have complications.

you can always get a scan done privately or you can call the centre at tsan yuk and schedule a 3D ultrasound, but it will cost similar to what it would if you had it done privately.

NewBabyLA is offline Registered User

When to get the 3D scans

When should you go and get the proper 3D scans and tests for down etc.. every month? at certain # of weeks.

I'm only 7 weeks so eager to know when I should be asking for these scans.

carang is offline Registered User
    your doctor should be able to sort all of this out for you.

as i said, the firs scan is generally at 12 weeks, the second is at 20.

private doctors tend to give scans every month as a way to make money.

penelope is offline Registered User
    Hi , I m going public as well but I have been doing all my scans with Dr Lam for my 2 pregnancies here in HK. He s really good , has the best equipment. Just get the nurse to give you a report of the scan afterwards and bring it to Tsan Yuk to be added to your file. They ll have no problem with it as a lot of people do it. You can then book your scans as you wish after the "mandatory" 12 weeks and 20 weeks. For my first I did a 3rd one at 32 weeks. i m doing one very month for this pregnancy but I m expecting twins so I need to be monitored a bit more.
    As well here in Hk they ll give you the sex of the baby at the 12 weeks scan.They wait for the 20 weeks scan in France to tell you
    Last edited by penelope; 05-16-2010 at 08:01 PM.

Sazzy is offline Registered User
    There is only one scan with Tsan Yuk. Im having additional scans with my obs - Dr Patrick Chan

nbw
    nbw is offline Registered User

Public Hospital Questions

Just found out I am pregnant . . . trying to figure out the public system. So if you doing everything through Tsan Yuk, you only get one ultrasound throughout your whole pregnancy (assuming everything is okay)? When I was looking at their pamphlets, it seems like there were no scans at all?

Can anyone give some insight into what the first appointment is like? I read that there are only morning and afternoon appointments. Is the wait terrible?

Thanks!

penelope is offline Registered User
    the first appointment is about giving them info/history and test results if you have some already. I don t think I saw a doctor on the first appt.
    then the rest of the times it usually takes 45mn. when you arrive you re given a number then you queue for the blood pressure and urine test( that s pretty quick 5 mn)
    then you have to wait to see the doctor usually 30mn, see the doc 5/10 mn max. Wait to be given your next appt 5mn.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast