Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question for mommies who delivered at Matilda

Melli is offline Registered User

Question for mommies who delivered at Matilda

I am about to deliver at Matilda in a few weeks and was wondering what kind of clothes I REALLY should bring for myself....

Will I be wearing my "regular" (comfy) clothes during labour or am I already in a night dress then?
    (Will it be provided by the hospital?)

Will I be wearing pants during labour (leggins..)?
    Or just old undies?

I asume after giving birth I will spend most of the day in bed.
    Is it in my pyjamas all the time or am I going to wear lose day clothes (since I am expecting visitors..)?

I received a list of what to bring from the hospital, only the "Clothes-part" is quite confusing and I really don?t know what to expect....

newbiekt is offline Registered User
    Hi - I am due to deliver with my second in a week or two at Matilda as well.

You will be in a gown during labour. You won't wear anything apart from the gown including pants/panties/undies.

After the baby I arrived I found I didn't want to stay in my pyjamas all day, so I took comfy clothes as well. It's also useful to have a dressing gown and slippers for going backwards and forwards to the nursery. If you are planning on breast feeding it helps to think about tops that are easy to open.

adelaidejax is offline Registered User
    you will want to be in the gown provided by the hospital during labour, as when it starts i dont think you will want to think bout how/who will be taking off your leggings/pants.
    i just stayed in the gown they provided, which has two slits at the front for bf access, and when i walked around i wore their dressing gown - as the gown is tie at the back, so you want something to cover the back area.
    the only think i bought to wear of my own were socks and also a shawl/pashima.

just remember to bring a set of comfy clothes for when you leave hospital.

apart from that, personally - i was happy with everything that they provided - didnt need to bring much of my own stuff.

you will enjoy it at matilda - i sure did :)

happyvalleygirl is offline Registered User
    Happy Valley
    They will give you a gown to wear during labour and that's all you will need to wear.

Post baby, just bring a couple of maternity trousers/shorts and a few breastfeeding tops. I think dressing gowns are provided in the bathroom, so you could just wear that for a day or so! Like newbiekt says, slippers or flip flops are good for walking outside your room.

I'm pretty sure my hospital bag didn't have anything else in there as even toiletries are provided and the baby is given matilda clothes too!

Anyway, hubby can get anything else you may need once you get there.

jvn is offline Registered User
    Mid-Levels, Hong Kong
    Agree, nothing of yours during labour. They'll give you a gown and they also provide disposable knickers and pads and a supply for the next few days - they ain't pretty but very little about childbirth is :-)

Clothes wise, I stayed in jammies afterwards but comfy clothes would also be fine. Take both and a dressing gown as who knows how you'll feel.

Obiwan is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    I brought a lot of things with me, but turned out that all I wanted to be in was the gown the hospital provided and the disposable underwear. You can have a fresh set any time you need and they are comfortable.

There is really nothing you really need except for the clothes you will be wearing home. You actually don't bump into many people at all between your room and the nursery. Everyone I met during my stay was in the hospital gown, except one who has a bath robe over that.

yonge is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    If your feet tend to get cold, be strong to bring some socks!

plumtree is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    Hi For my first Matilda delivery, I stayed in the hospital gowns all day and that was really convenient because that meant less washing for me to do later. For my second, for some reason, I felt more active and wanted to feel less like a hospital patient, and was glad to have brought some comfy PJ trousers and nursing tops. Just make sure you bring dark coloured bottoms!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast