Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Anyone doing IUI?

ninimo is offline Registered User
    hii blondie
    so sorrie to hear about yr failed iui! i am goign to do my 2nd iui this fri or so! fingers crossed! yeah its quite depressing.. doing iui, all these needles, meds, and then wait and wait.. for result! today went for check up and there was only 2 folliciles.... thats good size... affter taken the gonal 5 needles! i hate needles. hate havign to do it myself too!!

i prob be like u in 2 weeks time. .depressed if i see the BFN!!

as for the cottage cheese stuff.. u meant progresterone cream?
    i used that and every day i had these big lumps -- like cottage cheese too... and u keep wiping and its like more and more! sorrie it sounds bad! i dont think u need to see doc..
    once u stop the cream.. it should be stopped then......

good luck to us!

Blondy is offline Registered User
    Ninimo,
    IVF wasn't more stressful than IUI, (although there are a lot more appointments.)
    It was relaxing to me that we'd actually 'know' if there was fertilisation- so at least we'd see half the cycle working, then all we have to worry about was implantation.

I went clomid with IUI, so the next move ws injectables whichever route we took- so to my mind there was only the egg retieval that was different ( the egg tyransfer is same process as the IUI- anyway).

Obviously IVF is more expensive and there was more monitoring of the follicles but I thought it was fine.(10 days injections then trigger shot & retrival day 12 of cycle-had to go to the clinic early for some injections but half of them could be done at home)

In total it came to 78,000 HKD with Dr Philip Ho. 55,000 the egg retrieval & transfer and the rest for monitoring & meds.

Although since then I've been taking cyclogest so the bills just keep coming- luckily DH expat medical insurance covers it 100%, hence why we moved to IVF so soon-we weren't paying for it :-)

Egg retrieval was easy, quick & painless and while I should have laid down & slept for 2 hrs I snuck out & got my book to read he he- wasn't drowsy at all.

I hope you get your BFP soon,
    Take care,
    Blondy

hi blondy, tks so much for the full breakdown of the whole prodcedure! i didnt really think of ivf yet.. coz its soo expensive.. i dont hve the medical insurance so i am paying it myself.. and already iui coz me around 20k for 2 cycles, tablets etc...

hopefully iui no 2 is BFP!

glad your ivf went well and successful... seems pretty smooth.... do u work?
    i have to work so hence its v troublesome for me to keep taking days off for check up and needles and the iui etc!

was the ivf.. more painful?? in any way? or just the needles was more?

so happy for you!! BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!

take good care!

sorrie i didnt mean blondie, i meant it for Gracie! sorrie

s
    Quote Originally Posted by ninimo View Post
    hii blondie
    so sorrie to hear about yr failed iui! i am goign to do my 2nd iui this fri or so! fingers crossed! yeah its quite depressing.. doing iui, all these needles, meds, and then wait and wait.. for result! today went for check up and there was only 2 folliciles.... thats good size... affter taken the gonal 5 needles! i hate needles. hate havign to do it myself too!!

i prob be like u in 2 weeks time. .depressed if i see the BFN!!

as for the cottage cheese stuff.. u meant progresterone cream?
    i used that and every day i had these big lumps -- like cottage cheese too... and u keep wiping and its like more and more! sorrie it sounds bad! i dont think u need to see doc..
    once u stop the cream.. it should be stopped then......

good luck to us!

Gracey is offline Registered User
    Hi Ninimo -- No worries! I figured it was for me. Thanks for the kind wishes. And thanks for the info on the yucky cream. Yuck! Thank god I'm done with it this cycle.
    Good luck to you, too.
    I'm in the same boat you are. I work full time and we are paying for all the procedures ourselves - no insurance.
    Those considerations have a big impact on our decision making.
    If I could take 2 weeks off work and not worry about finances, I'd do IVF.
    But even one cycle is, like, twice my monthly salary. If we do IVF and it doesn't work, it would be doubly painful, emotionally and financially.
    So we won't for now. Next cycle we're out of town. We'll try IUI #3 in the autumn. If that still doesn't work, we'll have to cross that bridge when we get to it.

hi Gracey..
    yeap if i could take 1 month off and insurance covers for ivf.. i would be already there! and dont waste soo much time! i been tryin TTC since april 09.... after i had a miscarriage at dec 08... around week 7!!

I go for an other check up today.. after work. .and if all ok then i get the " release egg" needle - the damn painful one! ohhh! then toor i get the iui no 2.... i took a half day off already!

its troublesome always going to the docs and waiting- esp when you hae to work!

yah we are not going for ivf.. give the iui a go.. first
    our infertlity is the unexplained one!!
    so mabye we do it naturaly ourselves!!!

good luck! really bad weather today!!

nini mo

hi girls
    any news?? am waiting to do my test next weeek!!! fingers crossed!!

bebehk is offline Registered User
    Hello,

I am new to this forum, new to HK and new to IUI. After several examinations in my homecountry and other fertility treatments, my doctor there suggested IUI. We now moved to Hong Kong and I would like to do the treatment here. I already have a first appointment this week with the Women's clinis doctor, but I would also like to know how and where to contact others like doctors in Queen Mary as I have the impression that Women's clinic is rather expensive.... Any suggestions? and anyone knows how much the costdifferences are?

Thank you!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

Scroll to top