Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Bel-Air on the Peak Question

excited! is offline Registered User

Bel-Air on the Peak Question

Hi there

Im new to this site, and am shortly moving over from London. We are looking to live at Bel Air on the Peak, and I would appreciate some help please with the following questions:

1. Are there any supermarkets/shops within bel-Air on the peak building? If not, how far are the nearest shops?

2. I have heard that noise from ships can be disturbing at night, have you found this to be the case?

3. Do any kids go from Bel-Air to any of the local pre-schools, such as Woodland and Sunshine house, and how do they get there? Is a young child safe to go on a school bus?

4. Is Bel-air quite lively, are there lots of people around at the weekend, and does the club house get busy?

thanks in advance!
    Kate

Princess101 is offline Registered User
    Hi, do you mean Bel Air in Pokfulam? I've not heard of Bel Air on the Peak. The Peak and Pokfulam are two different areas of Hong Kong. Just wanted to clarify as this might be why nobody has responded to your post.

Lav
    Lav is offline Registered User
    The Bel Air in Pokfulam is called Bel Air on the Peak!

jvn
    jvn is offline Registered User
    Yep, it's all the same Bel Air, just different phases - it's the marketers thinking 'on the Peak' sounds aspirational, they're all in Cyberport aren't they?

I'll kick off trying to answer your questions in my ignorance and I'm sure someone out there will know a bit more...

1)I don't live there but I've visited other phases in Bel Air and there was a supermarket and some other shops and restaurants.

2)No idea, can't imagine it would be any more disturbing than any other noise you'd get in other areas of HK!

3) Don't know, sorry.

4) I think kids-wise all these big complexes are great as they always have someone to play with, some places, if the pool is child friendly it gets used a lot, some buildings I've looked at there's never anyone in the clubhouses.

Have you visited Hong Kong or Bel Air before? If you get the chance I would try to before you make a decision on where to live because these out of town complexes have a very different feel to other areas of HK. Personally, I don't like it, in spite of all the conveniences and facilities it's a created community and I find it a bit soul less and wouldn't want to live there - I guess like living in a five star hotel? Of course some people love it so I'd try and visit first.

Best of luck.

Princess101 is offline Registered User
    I looked a flat in Bel Air and personally didn't like it. It's a huge complex which for me felt a little impersonal. If you can, I would have a look at a few different places before you make your decision. I thought I wanted to live on the South side of the island before I came out to Hong Kong, and after much flat hunting, ended up in midlevels!

excited! is offline Registered User
    Thanks for all your answers..........I will definitely try to make a trip out if time allows, yes Ive looked at the website and it looks like a big hotel complex, not sure what this would feel like, guess I'll find out soon enough !